Work colleagues

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Why not, so long as he informs them?

It's a through ticket, so the onward flight automatically gets cancelled.

ETA... If he'd phoned BA before the first flight departed, he might have been in with a chance to change to a later one.

Edited by MONKMAN

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

It's a through ticket, so the onward flight automatically gets cancelled.

If he informs them I don't see what excuse they could have for doing so, apart from being c***s for the sake of it. I bet if you were flying first class they wouldn't f**k you about like that.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Airlines cancel any subsequent legs of a journey if you miss the first bit. Could chance your luck and phone up, but likelihood is they’d say you’d need to book a new flight.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If so that's truly cuntish behaviour.  

It is so 

Same if it's a return flight, and you don't turn up for the outbound, your return gets cancelled and seat re-sold.

If he informs them I don't see what excuse they could have for doing so, apart from being c***s for the sake of it. I bet if you were flying first class they wouldn't f**k you about like that.
They would.

Eg, it might cost 10k to fly from Heathrow to San Francisco in F on BA.

It might only cost 3k to start your journey in somewhere like Oslo and fly Oslo, Heathrow and then San Francisco. Same plane for the main leg but much cheaper.

Skip the Oslo to Heathrow sector though and the lot gets cancelled.

The fool should have went to the airport though even after departure and they would have sorted something out for him.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're c***s.  I had a rant about BA in the New York thread recently when they changed the time of a flight between Toronto and New York, meaning I missed most of a day in New York last month.  My options I was told were pay £300 to get on a flight 10 minutes later than our original, or stick with the new flight time. 

I sourced a flight on Air Canada from Toronto that morning for about £150 for the 2 of us, so told BA i wouldn't be getting on that leg of the journey.  I was then warned that if i skipped the Toronto to NY flight, my homeward travel to Glasgow via Heathrow later that week would automatically be cancelled.  The admin fee to take me off the flight so happened to also be £300.  I made a point of telling them they were robbing c***s.

18 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

They're c***s.  I had a rant about BA in the New York thread recently when they changed the time of a flight between Toronto and New York, meaning I missed most of a day in New York last month.  My options I was told were pay £300 to get on a flight 10 minutes later than our original, or stick with the new flight time. 

I sourced a flight on Air Canada from Toronto that morning for about £150 for the 2 of us, so told BA i wouldn't be getting on that leg of the journey.  I was then warned that if i skipped the Toronto to NY flight, my homeward travel to Glasgow via Heathrow later that week would automatically be cancelled.  The admin fee to take me off the flight so happened to also be £300.  I made a point of telling them they were robbing c***s.

Yeah, I tried to change the name or destination on a BA flight for about £600, ended up having to cancel and got £15 back, much less than the fucking tax. You get much more cooperation from the likes of Easyjet than you do from these shysters.

Pretty sure BA dont fly Toronto to New York but assuming it was on a BA 125 ticket then if one of the flights changed in time you have the right to accept it, pick another flight or get a full refund. No additional charges for this.

Were you dealing with BA directly or a travel agent?

30 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

They would.

Eg, it might cost 10k to fly from Heathrow to San Francisco in F on BA.

It might only cost 3k to start your journey in somewhere like Oslo and fly Oslo, Heathrow and then San Francisco. Same plane for the main leg but much cheaper.

Skip the Oslo to Heathrow sector though and the lot gets cancelled.

The fool should have went to the airport though even after departure and they would have sorted something out for him.

In that poor fool's case the Aberdeen to Heathrow link would have been practically free as an addon, so they would have got an extra £100 odd from him from the extra Inverness to LHR flight.

Pretty sure BA dont fly Toronto to New York but assuming it was on a BA 125 ticket then if one of the flights changed in time you have the right to accept it, pick another flight or get a full refund. No additional charges for this. 
Were you dealing with BA directly or a travel agent?

It was a united codeshare flight. Speaking to BA directly

My boss who in his own words is a “Falkirk fan with a slight leaning to rangers”, just stormed out the tv room at work when the full time whistle went at rugby park.

Can you tell the c**t we dont want him so he can go balls out for his big team.

Fanny.

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

It is so 

Same if it's a return flight, and you don't turn up for the outbound, your return gets cancelled and seat re-sold.

I got my easyJet flight back from Belfast fine without making the outbound one. 

Without wanting to derail the thread too much, I booked 2 flights from Barra to Glasgow for me and the ex-missus for last summer. We split up - so I phoned them and tried to get a refund, but was told we couldn't do that - but I just change the date of them FOC for up to 6 months ahead. So I did that. And promptly forgot about it. 

6 months later, I was on holiday in Canada when I get a phone call from Loganair on Barra to inform me that my plane was going to take off in 20 minutes and was I coming? I said nope, since I'm 3,000 miles away... they then told me if phoned up their tickets desk, I could change the flights again - as long as I did it before the flight took off. 

Seems incredibly generous since those two seats would very probably not have been filled on a what is only a tiny aircraft. And while I rescheduled the flights for a few months from now, we all know exactly the same thing is going to happen again in April. 

If you’re looking for someone to go to Barra with im up for it!
The previous posters are correct with BA, they won’t change anything. I did get them once but that was because they messed up what they told me. We cancelled a flight due to my wifes dad having had a heart attack, I phoned and explained, they cancelled the flight and said ‘I can just rearrange the flights for whenever I wanted to take them no charge’. I phoned up to rebook and someone in the Indian call centre said i’d need to pay £1000 extra, I said no, passed about to various managers one of whom reviewed the call and agreed the person had said what I knew they had, got the flights rebooked ‘as a courtesy’. I have seen BA answering questions on social media re a missed first leg and its very much the whole thing is cancelled!