Work colleagues

Just now, Brother Blades said:

If all the bosses were in Vegas, who snitched on him for throwing a sickie? I’d say that’s pretty poor behaviour. Lad probably feels bad enough without losing his job.

As my post above, the guy himself phoned his boss to try and get on the flight and then phoned in sick when he was told to get to work. He's grassed himself in essentially.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He would have had plenty time to get to Inverness airport for the BA 1225 Heathrow flight for about £100. Silly c**t.

If the flight has been booked as one journey, then by missing the first flight, it’s likely he wouldn’t be allowed on the one to Vegas even if he’d got to Heathrow.

Thought he was meant to be on Flybe from Aberdeen, so probably not.

If it was a through ticket with BA though, and he explained what he was doing, I can't see the problem. They'd just be getting an extra hundred quid.

Not all bosses went.  His line manager didn't go, and his line manager's line manager.

Yep it was BA from Aberdeen to Heathrow they went on.  No idea why he didn't try to get the Inverness to Heathrow lunchtime flight.

I reckon not necessary to fire him now as his probation is coming to an end soon - I'd imagine his f**k up would be enough to say cheerio at that time 
If he's normally reliable and OK at his job it would be daft to sack him for one almighty non work related f**k up.

3 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

That's pocket change to the Swiss bankers!

Total value of the transaction was about $74m, so this falls well within the "Midges baw hair" region as far as margin of error goes. We pushed it back on the counter party and they are pushing it onto someone else at their end. In think in the end it will be forgiven and written off, and everyone can get on with it as if it never happened.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Total value of the transaction was about $74m, so this falls well within the "Midges baw hair" region as far as margin of error goes. We pushed it back on the counter party and they are pushing it onto someone else at their end. In think in the end it will be forgiven and written off, and everyone can get on with it as if it never happened.

That's what Rangers thought...

As far as I understood. He called his boss, then called his work in a separate call to call in sick?

I’ve since been corrected & withdraw my Lee Wallace accusation.
Same still goes, losing your job & a free holiday in one week is pretty poor. He’s lost one, let him keep the other, but never allowed to forget his major f**k up!

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Might be a bawhair to you but it was some poor sod's gold fillings back in the day.

Company founder was a Hungarian Jew. Not sure how many of his teeth he pulled out to get started...

19 minutes ago, GordonD said:

That's what Rangers thought...

The rest of it has settled as it should. Just the trifling matter of a conversion fee that has to be smoothed out. And our tax dodging is all perfectly legal...

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Not all bosses went.  His line manager didn't go, and his line manager's line manager.

Yep it was BA from Aberdeen to Heathrow they went on.  No idea why he didn't try to get the Inverness to Heathrow lunchtime flight.

As I said then, I’d its BA all the way then getting a separate flight to Heathrow would do nothing as he’s missed the first bit of the journey and wouldn’t get on the flight from Heathrow to Vegas.

14 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

As I said then, I’d its BA all the way then getting a separate flight to Heathrow would do nothing as he’s missed the first bit of the journey and wouldn’t get on the flight from Heathrow to Vegas.

Why not, so long as he informs them?

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Airlines cancel any subsequent legs of a journey if you miss the first bit. Could chance your luck and phone up, but likelihood is they’d say you’d need to book a new flight.

If so that's truly cuntish behaviour.