Work colleagues

I did this procedural document for my boss.
I found out yesterday he changed 2 small pieces of it, slapped his name on the front and presented it as his.

Sums up where I work up tbh. The management are slimy, slime-balls who would crawl across slime to get any recognition from the slimier gimps at the top.

1 hour ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

My work night out involved going out for a meal and someone stole bottles of wine from the restaurant wine rack.

34 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I take it your team will be changing its nickname!

:lol:

16 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

How so?

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I did this procedural document for my boss.
I found out yesterday he changed 2 small pieces of it, slapped his name on the front and presented it as his.

Sums up where I work up tbh. The management are slimy, slime-balls who would crawl across slime to get any recognition from the slimier gimps at the top.

Oh yeah, I've had that as well. We were having a H&S inspection coming up, so I said I'd help by rattling together a hyperlinked checklist of what needed done...literally took me 10 minutes and not a great deal of thought.

The H&S guy for the building presented it the following year as something he'd been "working on over the last year"....think he might have changed the font. He ended up looking like an arsepiece though, cos three of the biggest departments had already adopted it over the preceding 12 months and everybody knew fine well where it had come from.

I once created an Excel spreadsheet for my boss to take to a meeting. I knew he'd take credit for it so I tried a wee bit of sabotage to make him look daft in front of the others - I gave it to him on a floppy disk plus a blank disk in case he needed it. He asked me which one was which - obviously the spreadsheet was on the one that was write-protected but I told him the one with the sheet was slightly heavier because of the data on it. He actually stood there with a disk in each hand trying to detect a difference in the weight before my colleague took pity on him and told him I was winding him up. 

I once created an Excel spreadsheet for my boss to take to a meeting. I knew he'd take credit for it so I tried a wee bit of sabotage to make him look daft in front of the others - I gave it to him on a floppy disk plus a blank disk in case he needed it. He asked me which one was which - obviously the spreadsheet was on the one that was write-protected but I told him the one with the sheet was slightly heavier because of the data on it. He actually stood there with a disk in each hand trying to detect a difference in the weight before my colleague took pity on him and told him I was winding him up. 
Screenshot_20181212-023550_Gallery.jpg

I've been on site with my favourite clients this week. 10% of my time spent coding. The other 90% spent waiting for their gargantuan monolithic resource management system to give me the access to databases and servers etc that I need.  Firing 30-40% of their workforce would probably make this place twice as productive.

Edited by nsr

I have an interview for a job in Denver.
It seems a good job but I don't know if I want to move there. It seems a lot of hassle and the job actually might be shite.

Has anyone ever accepted a new job but rather than quit their current job just hedged their bets and called in sick or taken holidays to see if I like the new one or not?

Is that a thing?

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I have an interview for a job in Denver.
It seems a good job but I don't know if I want to move there. It seems a lot of hassle and the job actually might be shite.

Has anyone ever accepted a new job but rather than quit their current job just hedged their bets and called in sick or taken holidays to see if I like the new one or not?

Is that a thing?

Been to Denver once , as US cities go it’s great , has a proper town centre where you can walk about from pub to pub , and hunners of micro breweries , however it’s also proper Baltic in the winter , it is after all a mile up ! 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Works night out tonight.

Image result for head wall gif

Yeah, ours tomorrow although it's gonna pass most of us by. The diktat from the top was that everybody had to go to the one thing rather than split up into sections. With that amount of people, you’re instantly limited to places that’ll treat you like cattle, and that’s put a lot of people off. I reckon maybe a quarter of the folk here are going, with a lot of those that are saying it’ll be the last year they do. It’ll be interesting to see next year just how few need to go before the idea’s deemed a failure.

The pregaming has also been radically scaled back due a couple of young guys going a wee bit over the top last year…should we wish, there’ll be 90 minutes of scoop (state-sponsored drink choices only) prior to the lunch...understandably most people are just not bothering and treating it like a working day - there’s very little danger of any fun breaking out at any point after all.

Obviously this has provoked a management response where they’re increasingly desperate to portray a party atmosphere that nobody’s buying into. Perversely, I’m quite enjoying it.

Edited by Hillonearth