Work colleagues

Our tests like that come from our Head Office in Houston. Normally get guidance about length of time and difficulty.

Last one should have taken 30 mins to watch and 10 mins for test at end. Skimmed through in 5mins....multiple choice done in 2mins
100 %.
It is clearly geared for thick Americans as every answer was obvious if you had a brain.

But unless you do them and the system registers you have been on and done it you get grief.

Total pain in the arse

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Our tests like that come from our Head Office in Houston. Normally get guidance about length of time and difficulty.

Last one should have taken 30 mins to watch and 10 mins for test at end. Skimmed through in 5mins....multiple choice done in 2mins
100 %.
It is clearly geared for thick Americans as every answer was obvious if you had a brain.

But unless you do them and the system registers you have been on and done it you get grief.

Total pain in the arse

It's just to get you to pay some attention rather than a memo that nobody reads. Likewise the scores back at HQ.

Edited by welshbairn

Our main boss is an erratic old codger based in Stavanger.

He has final say on our annual performance rating. which will affect your variable pay (bonus) and future salary increase.

I completely forgot this year about his recency bias when it comes to how he applies them, and am kicking myself that I did not go out of my way to do something impressive and visible that also served to massage his ego within the last couple of weeks.

Too late, the ratings are in now, so may as well coast through the festive period.

I have no set hours in my contract. Usually go in about 9 and try my best to stay until 5 when possible. Whilst I’m office based, I can piss off and go work somewhere else when I want. Sit in a lab. Sit in a library. Sit on the bog. Pester the office lovelies.  Interact with people half my age (no perv).

Motivation is the problem a lot of the time.

That's pretty much my existence except there's no office lovelies [emoji20]

Motivation for this kind of work is definitely the issue.

The Christmas night out is in London tonight and we've been promised an evening of 'world class entertainment' with the caveat that no drinks will be provided and a pint is £6.50

12 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Our main boss is an erratic old codger based in Stavanger.

He has final say on our annual performance rating. which will affect your variable pay (bonus) and future salary increase.

I completely forgot this year about his recency bias when it comes to how he applies them, and am kicking myself that I did not go out of my way to do something impressive and visible that also served to massage his ego within the last couple of weeks.

Too late, the ratings are in now, so may as well coast through the festive period.

You could always blow him at the Christmas party? 

A women in the accounts payable department has been suspended today - nobody knows why.

This of course has been a huge discussion point round the office this afternoon but I've heard people call it a disgrace that we've not been made aware of the reasons behind it.

Why would we be told? She works in the same office but in a different team and has no real link to us other than processing invoices we send through.  She's suspended so there could well be an investigation on the go as well so having the whole office aware of what happened could impact it.

But no "IT'S A DISGRACE".

A women in the accounts payable department has been suspended today - nobody knows why.
This of course has been a huge discussion point round the office this afternoon but I've heard people call it a disgrace that we've not been made aware of the reasons behind it.
Why would we be told? She works in the same office but in a different team and has no real link to us other than processing invoices we send through.  She's suspended so there could well be an investigation on the go as well so having the whole office aware of what happened could impact it.
But no "IT'S A DISGRACE".
A few possibilities.

A:- they're all nosey b*****ds and disguising their nosey b*****dness with mock outrage about keeping workers in the dark about things.

B:- They've all been up to the same dodge as the suspended person and are now shitting it and wanting to find out if it is the same thing they have been suspended for.

Or C:- a mixture of A and B.

My money's on C.

12 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

A few possibilities.

A:- they're all nosey b*****ds and disguising their nosey b*****dness with mock outrage about keeping workers in the dark about things.

I suppose that "There's a woman been suspended but I don't know why!" doesn't carry nearly as many brownie points in gossip circles as "There's a woman been suspended for fiddling the payments - she's pocketed over twenty grand!"

The only justifiable reason for making it public why she has been suspended is if it's for a medical condition like the Black Death (i.e. contagious). Otherwise the nosey old bats should be told to wind their necks in and mind their own business.

I suppose that "There's a woman been suspended but I don't know why!" doesn't carry nearly as many brownie points in gossip circles as "There's a woman been suspended for fiddling the payments - she's pocketed over twenty grand!"
The only justifiable reason for making it public why she has been suspended is if it's for a medical condition like the Black Death (i.e. contagious). Otherwise the nosey old bats should be told to wind their necks in and mind their own business.
If we're going on gossip circle principles here the actual reason doesn't matter anyway.

58 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I heard it was £40,000.00

10 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Aye, I heard that as well. And someone told me she’s been taking milk from the communal fridges home on a Friday too.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

And she pocketed the money from that charity fundraiser we all did recently.

Spent it on milk, no doubt.