Work colleagues

39 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:
1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
7-4. 
New woman in my work the past week or two. I've been unsure what to  make of her, came in yesterday to find her singing along to Shotgun by George Ezra. Get in the fucking sea.

FFS. You haven't specified if she is a wid or not. Standards are slipping here

I'm not trapped in a sexless marriage like certain alliterative Aberdeen fans, so I don't feel the need to say "wid" to anything that vaguely resembles a hole.

My shifts are so bad and erratic.  Can be anything from 7am to 11 at night.  

They tried to f**k me over this week and had me 10-6 Monday to Thursday but 3-11 on the Friday, would not change the shift and instead said I should work later Monday to Thursday :lol:.  Somehow I managed to get a holiday for the Friday, what a waste of my last one. 

My shifts range from 8-4 to 12-8 with stupid ones like 9.15-5.15 in between.  I also work every 2nd Saturday morning for which I get a lieu day during the week. I hate working Saturdays though and would happily work Monday-Friday for every weekend off. 

I thought it would be a step up from working a constant backshift in my last job but it's absolutely brutal. 

I'm in a Skype chat with two of my colleagues who are having a massive barney in it.  I am sitting here all awkward, it's like when you went to your friends house when you were wee and they got a row from their mum and you just had to sit there.  But with adults.  In Skype.

I'm in a Skype chat with two of my colleagues who are having a massive barney in it.  I am sitting here all awkward, it's like when you went to your friends house when you were wee and they got a row from their mum and you just had to sit there.  But with adults.  In Skype.
Would they notice if you started recording it?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Would they notice if you started recording it?

It's a chat not a call.  

Working in my office us cushty.

Half 8 until 4. Sometimes away as early as 2 on a Friday.

The managing director absolutely hates losing staff, therefore he pays everyone way above the sector average. Completely trusts everyone to get on and  do their work, he doesn't even mind people nipping our for a hair cut in office hours. Everyone completely appreciates it and there's nobody that takes the piss.

There's only 11 of us. When hiring one of the first thing he goes on is personality, if he thought someone would come in and rock the boat they wouldn't get near, even if it means not getting  the most qualified person in for the job. I realise this could only really work in an office with lower staff numbers, but not all office work is shit.

I've actually just been tasked with hiring a part time admin assistant, the work will be a piece of piss so I'll be looking for sound c***s only, in fact that should have been on the job advertisement.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

1 hour ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

The managing director absolutely hates losing staff, therefore he pays everyone way above the sector average. Completely trusts everyone to get on and  do their work, he doesn't even mind people nipping our for a hair cut in office hours. Everyone completely appreciates it and there's nobody that takes the piss.

There's only 11 of us. When hiring one of the first thing he goes on is personality, if he thought someone would come in and rock the boat they wouldn't get near, even if it means not getting  the most qualified person in for the job. I realise this could only really work in an office with lower staff numbers, but not all office work is shit.

I've actually just been tasked with hiring a part time admin assistant, the work will be a piece of piss so I'll be looking for sound c***s only, in fact that should have been on the job advertisement.

I recently hired someone. During interviews I spent about 2 mins going through CV and checking hey could do the job, and the remaining time seeing how sound they were. Most people who applied have the necessary skills/experience so based the decision almost entirely on what their personality was like.

My work has started something like that.

It doesn’t matter if you can do the job or not, or if you have the personality of a serial killer as long as you’ll work for low pay.

I had to do a code of ethics refresher today but there was a wee quiz at the end and a certificate to print which I completely ignored since I'm not 11. A woman actually printed hers out and has pinned it to the partition next to her desk. She's almost 50 ffs!

31 minutes ago, microdave said:

I had to do a code of ethics refresher today but there was a wee quiz at the end and a certificate to print which I completely ignored since I'm not 11. A woman actually printed hers out and has pinned it to the partition next to her desk. She's almost 50 ffs!

We had to do an annual test (think it was to do with safety) and print off the certificate to show that we'd done it. After the first one I just photoshopped the year and printed it.