Work colleagues

3 hours ago, Kejan said:

Now to sound like a horrible misogynist, but my experience with women bosses has been shite. Both micromanaging, nitpicking, condescending pains. Hoping it's not three strikes and I'm out to incel forum to live out my days.

Also, how the feck can't folk just get on at work. You're paid a measly pittince to work. Just smile, say some banal polite stuff and get along with each other even if you have nothing in common. 

Then go home and relax.

Because people are arseholes.

HTH.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I currently sit on my arse, basically chained to a desk for 12 hours at a time staring at screens.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you ever seriously fucked up and had to evacuate the plant?

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

First part, many times. Second part, not yet.

Wait until he breaks free from those chains...

When i was 17/18 and working in Tesco i always felt like no-one cared about the job as much as me and although i was only stocking a fruit and veg aisle i put pride in my work and tried to do a good job when most of my colleagues were uncaring hungover louts.

Now I'm 32 and people in this office come in at 6:45 in the morning and f**k man i miss the old days.

1 minute ago, Crroma said:

When i was 17/18 and working in Tesco i always felt like no-one cared about the job as much as me and although i was only stocking a fruit and veg aisle i put pride in my work and tried to do a good job when most of my colleagues were uncaring hungover louts.

Now I'm 32 and people in this office come in at 6:45 in the morning and f**k man i miss the old days.

I saw your message before you edited. "Now I work in a" .... what dammit?

I am currently in the sweet position of being the only programmer on a project for clients who know nothing about IT. All my time estimates are doubled or even tripled and I get through the work before lunch then just sit and waste time online in the afternoon. There is talk of us being moved to new super-secure PCs without Internet access so I'm going to make the most of it while I can.

1 hour ago, nsr said:

I am currently in the sweet position of being the only programmer on a project for clients who know nothing about IT. All my time estimates are doubled or even tripled and I get through the work before lunch then just sit and waste time online in the afternoon.

That's the dream

1 hour ago, nsr said:

There is talk of us being moved to new super-secure PCs without Internet access

That's the nightmare

On 24/11/2018 at 13:27, Bairnardo said:

9 to 5, 5 days a week in an office is an atrocious existence.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I work 8-5 through Monday to Thursday and 8-12:30 on a Friday and my existence is fucking excellent, thank you very much.

I spent decades avoiding 9-5 and doing all sorts of random shifts. When I finally did it, it was bliss. Football on Saturday's, evenings, and a normal social life mainly. I'd still prefer it not to be in an office though.

Edited by welshbairn

8.30 to 4.30 Monday - Friday and do the odd homer on a Saturday when theres no football and when I can be arsed.

Used to work for a company where in Winter, it would be a case of get to the yard for 6am, then drive somewhere to work till dark about 90 miles away then get home around 7 or 8 oclock after an hour in traffic. Which my boss refused to pay me for. c**t.

Wouldnt change my hours for anything now. Even a pay rise.

I have no set hours in my contract. Usually go in about 9 and try my best to stay until 5 when possible. Whilst I’m office based, I can piss off and go work somewhere else when I want. Sit in a lab. Sit in a library. Sit on the bog. Pester the office lovelies.  Interact with people half my age (no perv).

Motivation is the problem a lot of the time.

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I always wonder what these office jobs that have staff on half days on Fridays are. I work in an office that I have to work until 5 in all week so I'd like to find these magical places and move there.

I think most of these ones work either 8.30-5 or 9-5.30 Monday to Thursday then finish at 2 on a Friday or whatever. I’d take that sort of pattern.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

I always wonder what these office jobs that have staff on half days on Fridays are. I work in an office that I have to work until 5 in all week so I'd like to find these magical places and move there.

From my experience this is the case in many businesses in the science / tech / engineering sectors. I work in Engineering and you'd struggle to find  anyone in the office after 2 of a Friday. Many offices are completely closed on a Friday afternoon.  Your best bet is to go somewhere it's an industry norm - there's little point in people being in work is all their contacts, suppliers, clients etc. are all out of office.

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Nissan in Sunderland do this.