Work colleagues

worst coffee related act i have seen from a colleague was in a place i worked about 7 years ago. they provided free milk, tea and coffee but the coffee was really nasty. it was that standard cash and carry instant shite so many people brought their own. one team leader put a sticker on his jar that read:-

"this coffee is (guys name). its only to be used by myself or other team leaders"

translation:- "all you minions keep your filthy working class hands off my nescafe gold"

people are shit. its a shite coffee anyway.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No you’ve misunderstood when I say attitude. The above is absolutely correct.

What I meant was that you’ve always appeared to be of the stance that an employer shouldn’t essentially be costing you money to work there and so basic things like milk, tea and coffee that cost next to nothing I would have thought you’d expect them to provide. I certainly think they should.

I’d forgotten you don’t like tea and coffee though, so now see why you don’t care about it.

"Basic things".

Whit?

I fail to see why an employer would provide stuff for your break time.

Utter mentalness.

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

worst coffee related act i have seen from a colleague was in a place i worked about 7 years ago. they provided free milk, tea and coffee but the coffee was really nasty. it was that standard cash and carry instant shite so many people brought their own. one team leader put a sticker on his jar that read:-

"this coffee is (guys name). its only to be used by myself or other team leaders"

translation:- "all you minions keep your filthy working class hands off my nescafe gold"

people are shit. its a shite coffee anyway.

Buy a jar of the cheapest coffee you can find. Wait until he's gone home then dump his coffee and replace it with the cheap shit.

4 hours ago, Adam said:

We get fresh fruit delivered from time to time, it's brilliant, and must cost them a significant amount of money over the year considering there are over 600 of us in this office alone.

Was a woman i worked with, took her two bits of free fruit as allowed come hell or high water yet never ate them. When asked why she takes them?  "because it's free, doesn't cost me anything does it?" Over 500 pieces of free fruit straight to the bin a year.

Same woman was offered a chance to use holidays instead of taking her sicks days (she was off for two weeks) because you get a bottle of champagne for not using any sick days in a year.....madness

Working in an office sounds fucking awful.

My thoughts exactly.

Tried it for a few months months a couple of years ago. When I had worked my way through The Office gags and then started assigning characters from those shows to colleagues I realised it was time to leave.

Never again, it was like a Kafka-esque prison