Work colleagues

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Received yesterday- subject line "you wouldn't steal a car"

"so please don’t steal my butter…

Hate to be this guy, but please know that it is NOT OK to either use, throw away, or just take other people’s food (In this case  a tub of Lurpak that I bought and had only used once!). In a building full of adults it shouldn’t be necessary to write my name on things that belong to me.

This is not even the first time this has happened. Please be respectful of other peoples things.

Rant over."

How does he know you wouldn't steal a car?

Someone needs to scoop all the butter out the tub and leave a picture of a burnt out car in it. 

Edit: Even better, steal his car and leave a photo of it in his empty butter tub. 

Edited by Dee Man

28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Hate to be this guy, but please know that it is NOT OK to either use, throw away, or just take other people’s food (In this case  a tub of Lurpak that I bought and had only used once!). In a building full of adults it shouldn’t be necessary to write my name on things that belong to me.

This is not even the first time this has happened. Please be respectful of other peoples things.

Rant over."

Is that not the anti piracy advert that you used to get at the start of early DVD's that you couldn't fucking skip past?

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Rant over."

I've bolded all the shitey millenial speak. He deserves to have his butter stolen to teach him it's a harsh world.

In other news, today is my antepenultimate day at my current job. I have been mentally on holiday for a long time. Haven't checked my voicemails since two weeks ago today :lol:

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Jokes on him. I would steal a car. f**k his butter.

Also handing in my resignation today. Exciting times.

(Have to go before I'm pushed after nicking everyone's butter)

A most satisfying experience, especially if your boss is an asshole and leaving will make life difficult for him/her.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Buying stuff for your office/workplace before you go on holiday sounds utterly mental.

I really don't get the logic.  Aye, folk will be covering your work, but they're paid to do that and you cover their work when they're gone.  The only situation I can imagine bringing food or drink in here for others to consume would be if I was given some shite I didn't want for my birthday or Christmas, f**k spending your hard earned on them though.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Jokes on him. I would steal a car. f**k his butter.

Also handing in my resignation today. Exciting times.

(Have to go before I'm pushed after nicking everyone's butter)

Is this a result of the funeral debacle yesterday?

40 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

In other news, today is my antepenultimate day at my current job. I have been mentally on holiday for a long time. Haven't checked my voicemails since two weeks ago today :lol:

I've never heard anybody ever use the word antepenultimate before.  

3 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

A most satisfying experience, especially if your boss is an asshole and leaving will make life difficult for him/her.

Actually my direct boss is leaving at the end of December anyway so wont give a f**k and he's a cracking guy.

The boss above him, who I had to resign to, is also top notch and I feel a bit shit that I've given him more work to do.

My bosses here are great. The folk I manage are a mixture. Some wankers and some great folk.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Is this a result of the funeral debacle yesterday?

Partially. Missus was saying we should stick at it in London for a few more months, until we visit NZ in Feb at least, but after her boss gave her shit for not answering her phone when she was at a funeral she decided the sooner the better. Thought it best to hand mine in now so I got five weeks to train one of the ones below to do my job when I'm gone. Not that I'm actually needed or anything.

The main reason is I want to be in Scotland when Ray McKinnon gets relegated with Falkirk.

To be fair, taking somebody else's butter from an office fridge is a minor inconvenience at best - it's easy to nip out to the shops and get more. Plus it's somebody you know and you wouldn't really mind a colleague in need using it.

Nicking a complete stranger's cheese from a hostel fridge, on the other hand...

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

Rant over."

No gags about Gem having done it yet?  Disappointing.

Kind Regards

Gem.

Had some cat related issues this morning which meant I was late for work, got in around 9.30am, got to my seat, started taking my jacket off and one of the lassies says to me "did you do this quote on Monday? I was going to do it but I see it's addressed to you". A few things here:

1. Can you let me get my jacket off and laptop turned on first, you complete c**t?

2. I have no fucking clue what "this quote" is. I do not have x-ray vision that allows me to see your screen through a wooden partition. "Did you do this?" is the c***s way of saying "I can't be arsed giving you any detail on this which may help you identify what I'm talking about, please walk over to my screen and check for yourself". You complete c**t.

3. If it's addressed to me why the f**k do you care about it? If I need your assistance I'll ask for it, you complete c**t.

I'm having a good day, yes.

A guy from the machineshop comes in and asks the design engineer for a dimension that isn’t marked on a drawing. The design engineer looks at the drawing, pauses then “Well, it’s a right angle triangle and you know this angle and the size of this line, so you can work out size you need. I can do it for you but I assume you can do it yourself, as you’re supposed to be an engineer…”. The guy just took the drawing back and walked off.

The machinist probably could have worked it out if he really needed to but frankly, he’s just finished his apprenticeship and probably didn’t give a shit about maths in school. A good design engineer should want to make machining the part as easy as possible. Stop being an arse and just tell him the damn size, even if you condescendingly tell him how he could have worked it out while you do it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

A guy from the machineshop comes in and asks the design engineer for a dimension that isn’t marked on a drawing. The design engineer looks at the drawing, pauses then “Well, it’s a right angle triangle and you know this angle and the size of this line, so you can work out size you need. I can do it for you but I assume you can do it yourself, as you’re supposed to be an engineer…”. The guy just took the drawing back and walked off.

The machinist probably could have worked it out if he really needed to but frankly, he’s just finished his apprenticeship and probably didn’t give a shit about maths in school. A good design engineer should want to make machining the part as easy as possible. Stop being an arse and just tell him the damn size, even if you condescendingly tell him how he could have worked it out while you do it.

That would have gone done well if it had been wrong.

Not up to the machinist, up to the design engineer. Imho.

They should of had a "square go" to sort it out!!!

Sorry, I'll see myself out

^^^ Pythagoras is seething at this.