Work colleagues

10 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Apparently the finance director of Patisserie Valerie has been arrested over some financial scam. Have any pie and bovril members ever stolen huge sums of money from their work? Lots of people laughing at this guy on social media but I wonder what would happen if the choux was on the other foot.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/nissan-chief-jailed-for-biggest-tax-swindle-former-managing-director-is-sentenced-to-eight-years-for-1482079.html

My old company had not long bought 2 vans and a car through this company when all this blew up. To try to cover some of it up, they had destroyed loads of their documentation of vehicles sold. The documents on our motors were among those destroyed. We only made a couple of monthly payments then they stopped collecting payments as our motors technically didn’t exist on their records. We never had to pay another penny to them

On 10/12/2018 at 11:52, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Apparently the finance director of Patisserie Valerie has been arrested over some financial scam. Have any pie and bovril members ever stolen huge sums of money from their work? Lots of people laughing at this guy on social media but I wonder what would happen if the choux was on the other foot.

giphy.gif

i once got a disciplinary for stealing dozens of pies.

ill explain. the shop i worked in used to sell pies from a local baker and i said to their delivery driver i got a couple each day for my lunch. the next day the old boy brought me in 2 warm ones "just for me". i put them on the hot plate in the back and munched them later. the way they were given to me i thought they were free.

anyway a few months later there was a staff meeting and the pie theft was brought up. dozens of pies. the management thought the staff were entering the wrong code on the till. anyway i was racked with guilt and handed myself in to the store manager. she actually found it funny how naive i was and laughed. i paid my pie tick bill and accepted my disciplinary without arguement!

ill explain. the shop i worked in used to sell pies from a local baker and i said to their delivery driver i got a couple each day for my lunch. the next day the old boy brought me in 2 warm ones "just for me". i put them on the hot plate in the back and munched them later. the way they were given to me i thought they were free.

anyway a few months later there was a staff meeting and the pie theft was brought up. dozens of pies. the management thought the staff were entering the wrong code on the till. anyway i was racked with guilt and handed myself in to the store manager. she actually found it funny how naive i was and laughed. i paid my pie tick bill and accepted my disciplinary without arguement!
Was this scotmid by any chance?

10 hours ago, ah-dee said:

This was my employ once upon a time, (the organisation, not the stealing from my employer)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1524879.stm

Still seething that she never passed me any of her ill gotten gains. I dont think I've ever worked for a company that was as badly run as that one.

Edited by Jason King

This was my employ once upon a time, (the organisation, not the stealing from my employer)
Still seething that she never passed me any of her ill gotten gains. I dont think I've ever worked for a company that was as badly run as that one.

thats mental. i ate a few pies! how was that level of deceit not detected?

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

So you're not a former Rangers player then.

I hate managing staff. General rule, pretty much everywhere, is if you work Christmas ye get New Year aff? Right?

Lassie here wanted New Year aff, happy to work Christmas, fine nae bother. This was back in January she asked. In between times other members of staff take Christmas aff. She asks me today if she can cancel her holidays for New Year and take them in October. Nae bother. So I redo the Christmas/New Year rota and now she's raging she's down as working for Christmas AND New Year. She expected me to give her Christmas aff because she's no longer working New Year. Explaining to her that everyone else is on holiday and out of the country is not helping.

She's away to upper management about it now.

I hate managing staff. General rule, pretty much everywhere, is if you work Christmas ye get New Year aff? Right?

Lassie here wanted New Year aff, happy to work Christmas, fine nae bother. This was back in January she asked. In between times other members of staff take Christmas aff. She asks me today if she can cancel her holidays for New Year and take them in October. Nae bother. So I redo the Christmas/New Year rota and now she's raging she's down as working for Christmas AND New Year. She expected me to give her Christmas aff because she's no longer working New Year. Explaining to her that everyone else is on holiday and out of the country is not helping.

people are thick as shit. had that exact same issue a few years ago and the easiest way out of it was to just work it myself.

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Do you find you get more moany people working in the public sector? Not sure why but this sounds like a very "public sector" story to me. She isn't rotund and mid-30s is she? Just seems like that would fit.

5 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Do you find you get more moany people working in the public sector? Not sure why but this sounds like a very "public sector" story to me. She isn't rotund and mid-30s is she? Just seems like that would fit.

Generally... naw. Because we're so flexible and good with swapping shifts/sick days/holidays/carer's leave there's less need to moan. The flip side is when shit goes against ye it seems like a massive outrage.

I dae kinda feel sorry for her as last year, because of holidays and someone being sick, she done Christmas AND New Year but, right at the start of the year, I telt her she could take the whole lot off to make it up for it and she wisnae bothered so to bring it up now just feels like toys getting chucked out the pram.

I used to work at Argos and a girl was sacked there for refunding watches to herself.  Basically she worked at the jewellery bit and they have £5 watches sitting on a rack.  Basically she was picking them off the counter, refunding it and pocketing the cash.

She unsurprisingly was caught pretty quickly as a stock check showed that we did not have an extra 30 of these watches :lol: