Work colleagues

A woman at my work is reasonably dense, Continually gets words wrong, like Pacifically/specifically, electrical/electoral register etc but she went on her first city break last weekend and has spent all week telling folk she was in Madrid but pronouncing it Mad - ar - eeeeed in a faux-Spanish accent that is making me feel violent. 

On 05/10/2018 at 10:57, John Lambies Doos said:

Just walked past a guy who has brought his baby to work to show off. Nobody cares m8

Will always get that one person that thinks they are funny by giving the “ooooh they are starting them young” line too.

Every time.

On 04/10/2018 at 08:24, John Lambies Doos said:

Employees who laugh when one of the top brass makes a unfunny joke. Pisses me right off

One of our top management team has been doing a presentation "roadshow" over the past couple of weeks. I have been setting it up for him, and standing in to make sure everything goes alright. He starts every presentation with a little bit of information about his life, "I have been married for 32 years, in fact last week was our anniversary.... the wife said you get less for murder" I have sat through this joke eight times and on each occasion I have watched one of his staff laugh uncontrollably each time.  

ETA, it wasn't Gem. 

Edited by LondonHMFC

On 10/5/2018 at 10:57, John Lambies Doos said:

Just walked past a guy who has brought his baby to work to show off. Nobody cares m8

A few weeks ago a girl here came in with her puppy on her day off.

She lives about half hour drive away. What an utter waste of annual leave!

44 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

A few weeks ago a girl here came in with her puppy on her day off.

She lives about half hour drive away. What an utter waste of annual leave!

Was it a wid? And what about her?

'Aww I've got an email with a dodgy looking attachment.  Shall I forward you it so you can have a look at it?'

Aye mate go for it, I've got a special computer that doesn't get infected with Malware or fuck all.  Fucking delete the email you gimp.

Water cooler delivery guy turnt up before I started today. Asked how many bottles of water we needed for the cooler (ye know the big ones). They usually come once a week and we don't even bother getting on each week unless it's summer. Lassie working said "fourteen" think we'd go through fifteen litres of water a day or something.

Came in and the office is fucking filled with these fucking huge bottles of water. I never even thought much of it, they can just sit there til they're being used, but now estates management are wondering why the water bill for the hospital is twice as much as normal.

Absolute melter of a woman.

Guest bernardblack
Water cooler delivery guy turnt up before I started today. Asked how many bottles of water we needed for the cooler (ye know the big ones). They usually come once a week and we don't even bother getting on each week unless it's summer. Lassie working said "fourteen" think we'd go through fifteen litres of water a day or something.

Came in and the office is fucking filled with these fucking huge bottles of water. I never even thought much of it, they can just sit there til they're being used, but now estates management are wondering why the water bill for the hospital is twice as much as normal.

Absolute melter of a woman.

Folk who don’t replace them are finishing one are utter c#*%s

50 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Folk who don’t replace them are finishing one are utter c#*%s

At my old work, the Health and Safety woman declared that changing the massive bottles in the water coolers was a 3 person job, which meant they were never fucking changed.

13 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Never understood the need for water coolers. What's wrong with the tap?

I always fill from the tap and some "wag" must always comment on this.

Had arranged a meeting last week and had 15 attendees coming in from across the country - took some milk from the fridge for their tea and coffees and then around an hour into the meeting someone came barging into the room and claimed the milk whilst saying "thats the bottle that has to remain in the fridge" and swapping it.

Complete fuckwittery.

12 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Had arranged a meeting last week and had 15 attendees coming in from across the country - took some milk from the fridge for their tea and coffees and then around an hour into the meeting someone came barging into the room and claimed the milk whilst saying "thats the bottle that has to remain in the fridge" and swapping it.

Complete fuckwittery.

Sounds like you could have a Gem. 

13 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Never understood the need for water coolers. What's wrong with the tap?

I'm in London. The water tastes rank. The fact it even has a taste troubles me.

It is still drinkable tho and, if ye pour it into a bottle and leave it in the fridge, it's cold enough ye don't notice. When our water cooler was fucked in May I had my staff moaning that it was too hot and they needed something to drink and got right in the huff when I suggested tap water. One of them even put in a complaint to hospital management :/

He is a dick tho

14 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

At my old work, the Health and Safety woman declared that changing the massive bottles in the water coolers was a 3 person job, which meant they were never fucking changed.

Is she an amputee? Because that's the only reason why changing the water bottle would take more than one person.