Work colleagues

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Can't believe there are organisations out there that supply the staff with milk!  I need to buy a four pint one every Monday for my cereal and tea!  Any chance of a job mate?

This. Do the company also provide booze for the functioning alcoholics?

Gemma is also obviously too nice to tell them "I don't drink milk so I shouldn't be fucking sorting it out for everyone else"

21 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Was at home for the weekend to escape the World Cup for a couple of days, but returned South yesterday. On my drive back I got a text from a colleague simply stating "Milk". 

I have just got in the office, to find the following email : 

Milk 3.png

Things just fell apart after Ernie died.

14 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:
15 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
I take great delight in clicking 'no' when Outlook asks if I want to let the person who has requested a Read Receipt know that I've read their e-mail.

My favourite is to read it in the display box and if it unimportant nonsense to just hit delete without even having to consider a read receipt. I once had someone come and complain I wasn't sending read receipts and it looked like I wasn't even getting them. When I showed I could read and delete without it ever going to received I thought she was going to cry

I heard about a guy who did this but didn't bother to delete them. When he finally got round to it his boss received about a thousand messages saying his e-mail had been deleted unread!

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Some folk at my work actually print out emails and keep them in a folder.

If I was manager I'd genuinely be having a word with them telling them to stop doing it immediately and perhaps asking why they're being such fucking idiots.

If only you took this environmentally friendly attitude when washing your dishes.

28 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Was at home for the weekend to escape the World Cup for a couple of days, but returned South yesterday. On my drive back I got a text from a colleague simply stating "Milk". 

Milk 3.png

You’ve just got to go with the collection team, I bet there’ll be shits and giggles

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Milk 3.png

How far away is this bloody milk from the office?

Sounds like she is planning for an expedition.

Suppose this is colleague related, a work team night out has been proposed for Friday. Pub from work (a shite pub but the closest) then taxis in to town. Now, in all honesty I really can’t be fucked (and wouldn’t be a bad idea not spend too much this weekend) but am I just being a miserable c**t? Should I go? Should I make an excuse? Do you have any excuses I can use?

ETA: there will be no wids in the group.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Suppose this is colleague related, a work team night out has been proposed for Friday. Pub from work (a shite pub but the closest) then taxis in to town. Now, in all honesty I really can’t be fucked (and wouldn’t be a bad idea not spend too much this weekend) but am I just being a miserable c**t? Should I go? Should I make an excuse? Do you have any excuses I can use?

If work springing for a couple of beers do the 1st pub and then make the venue chnage and taxis into town an excuse to disappear.

Couple of free beers to start the weekend and offski.

If work springing for a couple of beers do the 1st pub and then make the venue chnage and taxis into town an excuse to disappear.
Couple of free beers to start the weekend and offski.

There will be no free beers

f**k em.

My current thoughts. I usually always go to nights out and that. Can’t moan that morale is shite etc. then patch any attempt to improve it but I’m really scunnered with work the now in general and just can’t be fucked with it.
I could go to the first pub then home when they head in to town but chances of that happening are slim, bevy’s in, taxis here etc etc

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

There will be no free beers

It the weekend and your time - f**k that.

If they need to pay me to be in the office with money then they need to pay me to be in the pub with them with beer

Stay out on the lash long enough and they'll all be wids.

There’s one lassy in our team and while she’s not unattractive it’s a no from me.
If you don't often have team nights out, I'd definitely go, to both venues. If it's pretty regular, just show your (happy, smiling) face at the first pub and then make an excuse.

Team nights out aren’t regular but I don’t think I’ve missed one previously and I’m usually out until the bitter end, half the reason I can’t be fucked. A couple in the first place then bid farewell (I’d actually be essentially passing the house to go in to town with them) then up the road would be best but it never pans out like that.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Can't believe there are organisations out there that supply the staff with milk!  I need to buy a four pint one every Monday for my cereal and tea!  Any chance of a job mate?

I think it's fair enough to expect you to buy your own milk if you're using it for cereal due to the amount being used. 

We supply milk (for tea and coffee) along with tea, coffee, sugar. Anyone wants anything fancy they buy their own. 

12 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

My current thoughts. I usually always go to nights out and that. Can’t moan that morale is shite etc. then patch any attempt to improve it but I’m really scunnered with work the now in general and just can’t be fucked with it.
I could go to the first pub then home when they head in to town but chances of that happening are slim, bevy’s in, taxis here etc etc

Stop being a wee pussy and just say you don't fancy it this time