Work colleagues

I work in an analytical function with about 10 or so others. We have one bank of desks in an operational area of about 500.
This month we've had to deal with every desk being decorated, a festive raffle every day,  a daily advent calendar reveal where someone wins an hours holiday or something and a floor wide secret Santa.
We sit in the corner, at undecorated desks, running code and wearing headphones all day. 

Deal with every desk being decorated?

On 12/12/2017 at 13:23, DA Baracus said:

'Dress down'. This annoys me. I wear cheap stuff as my 'work stuff'. The trousers I have cost about £12 a pair. I have a few cheap as f**k polo shirts (circa £6 each) under which I wear cheap Primark t-shirts. So 'dress down' is a bag of nonsense, as stuff I'd wear on a 'dress down' day is better quality and more expensive than my usual work stuff.

I am not as stingy, I do agree with that though. I also don't wanna have to wash loads of shit throughout the week when I could have my wee rotation on go.

I finished up yesterday. Got a away early was well. Was still there 8am sharp this morning. What a total bell piece I am. Left about 11 but think I’ll go back in this afternoon. Might leave it until tomorrow though. A combination of not a great deal else to do and could really do with having stuff done to save getting a wee telling off.

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I finished up yesterday. Got a away early was well. Was still there 8am sharp this morning. What a total bell piece I am. Left about 11 but think I’ll go back in this afternoon. Might leave it until tomorrow though. A combination of not a great deal else to do and could really do with having stuff done to save getting a wee telling off.

Are you joking with this? You don't have much to do so you'll head in to work?

This can't actually be happening

Are you joking with this? You don't have much to do so you'll head in to work?
This can't actually be happening

I’ve no got much to do outside of work. All my pals are working, Christmas shopping and that’s done, house is tidy. I could just sit about but I can’t just sit about and enjoy no being at work because I know there’s stuff I need to/should have done.

8 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’ve no got much to do outside of work. All my pals are working, Christmas shopping and that’s done, house is tidy. I could just sit about but I can’t just sit about and enjoy no being at work because I know there’s stuff I need to/should have done.

You'll be getting paid for this I assume?

giphy.gif

Keeping of the bevy until tomorrow.
You'll be getting paid for this I assume?

An incorrect assumption. I’m officially on holiday, we do get paid our holidays. I don’t get paid extra if I go in.

17 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Have you got a telly?

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Keeping of the bevy until tomorrow.

An incorrect assumption. I’m officially on holiday, we do get paid our holidays. I don’t get paid extra if I go in.

I think it's time for NJ3. I don't think you can recover from this one.

Have you got a telly?

I have got a telly, yes. Have you watched daytime tv? I’d rather stand outside in the rain.
I think it's time for NJ3. I don't think you can recover from this one.

I thought it would be more common, folk going in on their days off. Quite commonplace in our team at work. If the work needs done, it needs done. I thought of all the people here you’d appreciate the no nonsense, get the work done attitude.

Can you not just do the work you're wanting done from home?

Alas, unfortunately not. If I’d bothered to get IT to fix my laptop (it broke sometime around May) the. I could have. It’s nice to see a sensible suggestion though. So far it’s kill myself or watch the telly.