Work colleagues

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Mostly get along with the folks on my floor, my immediate team for sure but there are a few people I have to deal with that can be a pain in the arse.  One guy, Richard, is one of those guys who is really smart and needs to make sure everyone is aware of it.  He's also really long winded so any time he talks to you it takes ages and his emails are usually a few paragraphs too long.  I actively avoid asking him anything if I can avoid it because I don't have time for his long answers

Image result for clever dick

I worked in my previous office for 11 and a bit years. Still keep in touch with some folk. Moved to my current office 2 1/2 years ago and I don't really have any contact with any of the folk from this place other than the 2 guys who I see at Sons games.

Don't know why but my current office just doesn't feel the same as my previous one. Nobody here I've got a lot in common with.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Bint in the kitchen at work "warming" her mug, the f**k is this?
She's put he boiling water from the urn in the mug, about half way, then left it sat (in my way) "to warm". Is she a roaster? Am I the roaster for thinking this is totally mental?!

I've seen someone do this in work, the boiling water I put in my tea/coffee usually does a good job warming the mug, don't think pre-warming is necessary.

5 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

She's put he boiling water from the urn in the mug, about half way, then left it sat (in my way) "to warm". Is she a roaster? Am I the roaster for thinking this is totally mental?!

I think we all know what is needing warmed up.  I suggest doing it by applying your boot at high velocity.

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

She's definitely mental if she's making instant coffee or tea with boiling water. If it's a coffee machine it's worth heating up the mug as the coffee isn't boiling when it comes out and rapidly cools in a cold mug.

Get on well enough with most of the folk in here. Boys in my team are decent enough and worth going for a pint with, though the German girl in the team can be a pain in the arse at times. She has a habit of firing questions at you without providing any prior context while expecting you to understand exactly what she is talking about, and absolutely cannot accept being wrong about anything, which can be pretty funny when she is clearly wrong about something. Other than that I don't deal too much with anyone else though they are sound enough when I do have to.

32 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've sat opposite an Indian guy for two years and I still haven't been able to decipher his accent yet, being forced down the smile and nod path all this time. Awkward as f***.

He's probably been asking if you love him as much as he loves you.

7 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Get on well enough with most of the folk in here. Boys in my team are decent enough and worth going for a pint with, though the German girl in the team can be a pain in the arse at times. She has a habit of firing questions at you without providing any prior context while expecting you to understand exactly what she is talking about, and absolutely cannot accept being wrong about anything, which can be pretty funny when she is clearly wrong about something. Other than that I don't deal too much with anyone else though they are sound enough when I do have to.

Infuriating things your work wife does thread for this pish.

Weird lassie in my work that says nothing for days but then hits out with conspiracy theories about Israel running Hollywood and the global news. Stuff about the Rothschilds a lot as well.

Strange.

Probably be the only one out of all of us who is spared when the shape shifting, lizard men reveal themselves.

1 minute ago, JamboMikey said:

Weird lassie in my work that says nothing for days but then hits out with conspiracy theories about Israel running Hollywood and the global news. Stuff about the Rothschilds a lot as well.

Strange.

Probably be the only one out of all of us who is spared when the shape shifting, lizard men reveal themselves.

I recommend light weight kevlar body armour as a minimum, in case she gets disgruntled.

3 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

I believe you to be correct, but I hadn't even considered pre-warming. Surely it is pointless and as I suspect she's a roaster.

It's something to do to delay working. She probably burnishes a Tupperware dish like it's the Holy Grail.

My place has what used to be a water feature running through it (One of those water-slithers-down-the surface things, then the water meandered through a wee burn before being recycled.  When the pump went kaput, the cost of fixing it was deemed too much, so it was left empty.

A few weeks ago, the trench used as the burn was filled in with that slate/gravel stuff that people use in their gardens.  

Annoyance #1 - some arsehole colleague has raised a complaint that the bits of slate are all dusty, and would have looked better if they had been rinsed first, before being put in.

Even bigger annoyance #2 - some other arsehole took this complaint seriously, so our facilities guy has had to remove all the slate stuff to outside, is having to hose it down, and then cart it all back inside again and re-place it back into the trench.

f**k sake, who's got time for that shit?