Work colleagues

Work beside a Polish fucker, tried to tell him numerous times about the great Pole that played for the Dee.................Dariusz Adamczuk, but he's not interested as he doesn't like football. Apart from that he's alright, we have a good laugh.

On 30/06/2017 at 16:08, The_Notorious said:

Colleagues are mainly sound, apart from two Sevco fans who never shut up.

There was also a fud who had his tablet propped up on a stand on his desk playing music while he worked. Not giving a f**k that his screen saver was a slideshow of him in the buff... someone did report him but i think the gaffer was too scared to confront him.

That was clearly you.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not when it's said in a sarcastic voice or when he accuses me of being posh or snobby. It's just cuntish behaviour from someone who can't budget or tell his missus to stop buying weed.

Are you not the same boy that let someone shout at you for painting your fence?

Sounds like the boy is trying to have a bit workplace banter. The worst thing you can say about him is he works overtime to medicate his Wife? You really are the most pathetic character I have ever saw posting on a forum. 

My current work isn't that bad. Everyone is on temp contracts and they've all started at various points over the last 6 months, so the office is pretty quiet. I've only been there 3 weeks so maybe it'll get a bit more lively as the weeks go on.

My last job, I worked from home which was class as I could go weeks without speaking to colleagues unless it was about a project.

Before that my office had literally every stereotypical office nutjob you can imagine and a couple of gid c***s I still keep in contact with, and consider to be pretty close friends.

Reading this thread, I count myself lucky.

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Work beside a Polish fucker, tried to tell him numerous times about the great Pole that played for the Dee.................Dariusz Adamczuk, but he's not interested as he doesn't like football. Apart from that he's alright, we have a good laugh.

200.gif

18 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Are you not the same boy that let someone shout at you for painting your fence?

Sounds like the boy is trying to have a bit workplace banter. The worst thing you can say about him is he works overtime to medicate his Wife? You really are the most pathetic character I have ever saw posting on a forum. 

That's poor and a bit much really. Loads of folk are wanks, and when you have to see wanks in a job you might not be interested in its hardly going to make you wake up in joyous anticipation.

Neither of us know D.A.F.C. but I can empathise having put up with shit when I was younger, for various reasons, that I simply wouldn't let happen these days, and at the time it definitely tainted how I viewed things at work and people at work.

Started a new job a couple of months back (teaching gun-wielding gang members in Chicago's worst areas finally did it for me, so I'm back in the real world now).

Small company, our office has 3 full time, the owner, the service tech guy and myself and the owner's wife comes in a couple of days a week to do some of the paperwork stuff. We have a call answering service at a different location, and an inside sales guy in Texas. The people are great (even if the wifie does occasionally get strange ideas about tidying things up when we don't have the space to do what she wants), last 2 weeks the boss has hardly been in as he's had pneumonia (which meant I was in charge)

Good people, when they discovered I don't drink coffee she bought a shit-load of Keurig teas for me. I think I'll hang around for a while.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That's poor and a bit much really. Loads of folk are wanks, and when you have to see wanks in a job you might not be interested in its hardly going to make you wake up in joyous anticipation.

Neither of us know D.A.F.C. but I can empathise having put up with shit when I was younger, for various reasons, that I simply wouldn't let happen these days, and at the time it definitely tainted how I viewed things at work and people at work.

You know, and I know what crosses the line and what it has done to us. I imagine we are similar decent people annoyed at ourselves for not sticking up to dickheads when it mattered.

I turn up for work to do the best I can and this seems to annoy scumbags who are there to take everything they can while doing the worst job and getting wrecked at the weekends. If this is normal then f**k normal.

7 hours ago, RR #1 said:

So sorry precious. Didn't mean to offend you or your fragile wee neebur.

To be fair, he was only conversing with you and clearly wasn't on the attack.  You don't have to be defensive and lash out with everyone who talks to you.

There's one wifey with Limmy's that accent voice though, who also happens to be the loudest person I've ever met. I get the sense she's probably a fairly good person which actually makes things worse because my daily feelings of murderous rage towards her feel a bit unreasonable.

There's a woman in my work very similar, she's brand new and by no means an arsehole but Jesus f**k she's like a foghorn.

When loads of famous folk were dropping like flies last year she'd take it upon herself to be the unofficial town crier and yell "OH MY GOD IS DEID! WITS HAPPENING THIS YEAR?" at the top of her lungs.

She's probably a bit needy and wants to be seen as the wacky one in the office, but again by no means is she an arsehole. Maybe I'm just a miserable c**t.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

You know, and I know what crosses the line and what it has done to us. I imagine we are similar decent people annoyed at ourselves for not sticking up to dickheads when it mattered.

I turn up for work to do the best I can and this seems to annoy scumbags who are there to take everything they can while doing the worst job and getting wrecked at the weekends. If this is normal then f**k normal.

I totally agree with you, you're going to work to do tasks and to get money for yourself and to make money for someone else and you can have all sorts of other stresses going on in your life and the last thing you need is some cuntish coworker being like that. I have a lot going on out with work at the moment and this little gobshite I'm putting up with is the last thing i need as i am going home at the end of my shift utterly drained of him and his antics. This particular guy isn't sinister or a bad guy but has a clear case of ADHD and is clearly taking drugs at work and its completely unacceptable to work along side.

When i was 24 and just about to leave to go travelling i had this old moaning arsehole who was basically just a downright failure who could have done far more with his life but pissed it all away and had nothing coming up to retirement age who would be of a similar sort of draining influence on me. I was the youngest worker in our squad at 24 and there were 2 other guys in their 30's and then him and as he was going through a particularly unhappy time in his life having just lost his father. I was the one who he took it all out on and every time he came out with any sort of dig at me then the other 2 guys who i would have considered my friends would join in and laugh about it to the point it was making me unhappy on a regular basis. I would make it clear i wasn't enjoying the so called "banter" but this would be dismissed but when ever i ultimately lashed out and called this old b*****d a drunken old failure it would be considered as taking things too far and i would be made out to be the bad guy. This sort of stuff is always just put down to workplace/building site banter but it really is anything but funny when on the receiving end of it.

I work in a team of around 30 folk and in general they're all alright, bar 1 c**t who would rather the company went under and nobody thought he did anything wrong than just admit a mistake and get it fixed. Mega blame games go on in any project with him and he's a manager.
Aside from that, great bunch but the work is a bit boring so I've handed in my notice, new group to moan about soon!

11 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Started a new job a couple of months back (teaching gun-wielding gang members in Chicago's worst areas finally did it for me, so I'm back in the real world now).

Small company, our office has 3 full time, the owner, the service tech guy and myself and the owner's wife comes in a couple of days a week to do some of the paperwork stuff. We have a call answering service at a different location, and an inside sales guy in Texas. The people are great (even if the wifie does occasionally get strange ideas about tidying things up when we don't have the space to do what she wants), last 2 weeks the boss has hardly been in as he's had pneumonia (which meant I was in charge)

Good people, when they discovered I don't drink coffee she bought a shit-load of Keurig teas for me. I think I'll hang around for a while.

It's not often you're the healthiest in the team.

On 2017-6-30 at 20:09, Shandon Par said:

About 18, girlfriend on hols, a couple of spectacularly nice female work colleagues asked if I fancied a threesome after our shift. The words of a P&B poster rang in my ears "if you cheat on your bird I'll stab you with a screwdriver". Little did I know she was off servicing some Tenerife bouncers as I thanked the two lovelies for their kind offer but declined. Henry Hill is a terrible cock-blocker. Be A Ware xx

The scewdriver stabbing bit sounds like me, but i must have been in a utter mess at the time to tell you to give a threesome gig a miss!

Mostly get along with the folks on my floor, my immediate team for sure but there are a few people I have to deal with that can be a pain in the arse.  One guy, Richard, is one of those guys who is really smart and needs to make sure everyone is aware of it.  He's also really long winded so any time he talks to you it takes ages and his emails are usually a few paragraphs too long.  I actively avoid asking him anything if I can avoid it because I don't have time for his long answers