Work colleagues

How do you get on with your work colleagues?  Not everyone in your company, just the ones in your immediate vicinity. And do you have any properly annoying ones?

I sit with a couple of guys and a girl.  The two guys are pretty sound and we have decent chats, the bird however is fucking AWFUL.  She interrupts every conversation with banal chat, thereby derailing the entire conversation.  She also never stops talking about her partner and child as if he's man of the year and she's mum of the year and she never stops fucking eating from first thing in the morning to going home.  But the main thing is her chat.  It's loud, banal and incessant.

In fact here she is, and she's started already.  Goody.

37 minutes ago, Fide said:

How do you get on with your work colleagues?  Not everyone in your company, just the ones in your immediate vicinity. And do you have any properly annoying ones?

I sit with a couple of guys and a girl.  The two guys are pretty sound and we have decent chats, the bird however is fucking AWFUL.  She interrupts every conversation with banal chat, thereby derailing the entire conversation.  She also never stops talking about her partner and child as if he's man of the year and she's mum of the year and she never stops fucking eating from first thing in the morning to going home.  But the main thing is her chat.  It's loud, banal and incessant.

In fact here she is, and she's started already.  Goody.

In a previous job, I used to sit beside a pregnant woman who sat at her desk on her mobile and had detailed conversations with her husband / doctor about how sore her uterus was and other gynaecological problems I had no desire to listen to. 

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

In a previous job, I used to sit beside a pregnant woman who sat at her desk on her mobile and had detailed conversations with her husband / doctor about how sore her uterus was and other gynaecological problems I had no desire to listen to. 

I feel your pain.  It's like that woman that Tim had to sit next to in series 2 of The Office.

She's every bit as bad as her.  If not worse.

I guess I'm reasonably lucky, my work colleagues are pretty decent - office of 10 with 5 guys and 5 ladies.  That's probably what happens when you build a business from scratch and most of the original members are still here.

Chat can be professional to risqué - just depends what mood the women are in.

They are all heading out to a 'ladies lunch' in Perth today leaving three of us to man the phones so a day of P&B posting and catching up on Game of Thrones for me. 

In the last few weeks I have been working with the worst person I have ever met in my life. An absolute jakeball who is constantly on Valium or stoned who will come up to me at least once an hour and disrupt me when I'm working, hide my tools, throw stones at me, scream incessantly in my face things that make absolute no sense and just utterly exhaust me until the point I am mentally and physically drained of him. I have been off this week and told the boss to sort it out so I don't need to work with him again when I come back.

The folk I work with are all really good actually so I'm quite fortunate in that aspect that I don't have to deal with anyone who is a walloper. That said, there isn't much in the way of out of work social interaction which is a shame. My last job folk were always meeting up for drinks, playing football or squash or going to the cinema.

Of course we can't have a thread like this and not link to the classic "Morons you've worked with" thread in P & B Gold.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/67556-morons-you-have-worked-with/&do=findComment&comment=1921228

Gloves :lol:

Edited by RiG

At my current place I used to sit opposite a bloke from London of Nigerian descent. This guy was seriously LOUD and had no concept of personal space. Any conversation even remotely to do with politics he'd barrel into with what could be described as a Daily Mail approach. Watching him argue with the white South African guy on the other side of the desk was always fun.

He's gone now.

I'm part of a pod of 6.  1 other guy and 4 women.  The guy is sound despite not being a football fan.

The women individually are grand but are a nightmare for the rest of the day.  One detests any form of swearing (words like crap and bloody aren't allowed) which is a serious problem for me as I'm a bit like Father Jack at times.

I work in an office with 2 other guys who are fortunately into most sports and non-Pc chat.

I used to work across the corridor in an office with myself and 3  women and although they were sound enough people, I did get sick of the constant talk of their kids.

Edited by List_of_Jericho
grammar

I get on fine with the office staff, two drivers and the younger lad that's with us in the yard. The foreman, however, is a tit. Ex navy, wants everything done to military precision. Can't delegate tasks, and just Fucks about putting stock away all day. Doesn't interact with the customers either, and lacks any sense of humour whatsoever.

19 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

I work in an office with 2 other guys who are fortunately into most sports and non-Pc chat.

I used to work across the corridor in an office with myself and 3 other women and although they were sound enough people, I did get sick of the constant talk of their kids.

Are you a hermaphrodite?

3 minutes ago, philpy said:

I get on fine with the office staff, two drivers and the younger lad that's with us in the yard. The foreman, however, is a tit. Ex navy, wants everything done to military precision. Can't delegate tasks, and just Fucks about putting stock away all day. Doesn't interact with the customers either, and lacks any sense of humour whatsoever.

Worked with a bloke like this before, proper 50/50 as to what mood he would turn up in. Formerly in the army, or claimed to be. Could never decided if I thought he was talking shit or not.

On my first day, he took me out into the yard to show me the layout and noticed I had a pen and notebook (just to jot down pieces of information) he took them off me "for a look" and promptly threw them in a skip before proclaiming "You won't need these here you fanny". 

Unfortunately I did need them as I worked in the office.

We never got on particularly well.

Colleagues all fight, spy on and bitch about each other due to lack of management and the shambles it has created over the years. I've tried my best to improve things and suggested ways to improve things but being conscientious and hard working actually makes things worse. Some people do the jobs or three of four others but get treated like shit. It's properly soul destroying and hard to cope with at times.
Some people get treated like Milton from office space because they're not sycophantic automatons who don't go with the flow even when it's shambolic and not working.
There's a culture of overtime greed and working hard shows people up. It's so fucked up.