Your old school & famous ex pupils

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

I didn't realise he was Scottish until fairly recently. 

Gove is actually a Dons fan by all accounts - he said so to Peter Allen on 5 Live.   This is despite being spotted at QPR several times by the Sky cameras.

He's got that kind of posh private school voice, but with the Scottish lilted version - you'd probably hear some of our national rugby team with similar - certainly the likes of Rob Wainwright did when he played.

Eamonn Bannon, retired footballer

Eric Faulkner, member of The Bay City Rollers

Bruce Hay, rugby union player

David Martin, MEP

David Paton, musician

Iain Stirling, TV personality

Allan Wells, Olympic sprint champion, Moscow 1980

Notable staff

Roy Williamson, Scottish folk singer; member of The Corries; art teacher at the school

32 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Gove is actually a Dons fan by all accounts - he said so to Peter Allen on 5 Live.   This is despite being spotted at QPR several times by the Sky cameras.

He's got that kind of posh private school voice, but with the Scottish lilted version - you'd probably hear some of our national rugby team with similar - certainly the likes of Rob Wainwright did when he played.

Crossed the picket line while at the P&J so he's certainly got form.

Beath High School, Cowdenbeath;
James Black, invented beta-blockers I think :unsure2:
Jim Baxter, former Crossgates Primrose player.
Scott Brown, Hibs / Celtic version.
ETA
Jenny Lee, Politician
Ian Rankin, novelist 
Jim Leishman, poet
Stuart Adamson, the Skids / Big country
And me. Although I'm not sure fictional Scicilian detectives count.

On 30/06/2017 at 16:18, NorthernJambo said:

French boy that taught PE?
When I was there there was a French head of PE. Left quite suddenly, plenty rumours that he lied on his cv and spent the dept. budget on a holiday. Can't see the latter being true.

On 30/06/2017 at 16:47, Torpar said:

No he was an Indian guy that taught Economics. I went there from 97-01 so a lot of the teachers I knew are probably gone now. Did Miss Todd still teach French when you were there? She was well known as a teacher that couldn't control her class, so when I got her in 3rd year I stopped trying. I regret it now as French would be pretty handy here

Can't believe that Basu and Todd were still there. I left school in 85. Miss Todd couldn't control the class back then even when they were allowed to belt pupils. Had her for 1st and 2nd year.

Greg Spence's uncle also played football for a few lower league teams. Was in the same year as me. Also Gordon Durie's brother played for East Stirling (I think)

Archived