Your old school & famous ex pupils

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

You probably did have him on your list I was just quoting Torpar. Inverkeithing did have a high number of footballers! Who was the teacher who coached the team I remember he used to sometimes go to Cowden games he done the rounds watching his old pupils!

Edited to add

You did have him on your list!

Hamish Ferguson?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cannot believe this list didn't contain Jimmy Krankie, who presented me with a 3rd place prize in the school talent show one year. She was wearing a dress, looked really weird.
also,
Mark Stewart (of Falkirk, Raith and now Dumbarton fame)
The Twilight Sad (band) 

I used to play for Queenieburn too, I have no excuses as to why I forgot her. The lead singer of the Twilight Sad grew up in the same village as me, didn't have a clue until a couple of years ago.

The goalie Andy Carlin is another one I forgot.

Hamish Ferguson?

Aye, Hamish. Really sound c**t, was my English teacher for a few years. Died a few years back which was sad. Really loved his fitba and either did or was planning to visit every Scottish league ground - had done a fair load last I knew.
Once told us a story about how he stumbled across and subsequently helped with a pupil who tried to commit suicide.

Andy Webster is about as good as you'll get from my school. Few boys who've played lower leagues too and one boy who I went for school with was on the bench for Dundee a few times recently. Pretty slim pickings tbh.

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

Aye, Hamish. Really sound c**t, was my English teacher for a few years. Died a few years back which was sad. Really loved his fitba and either did or was planning to visit every Scottish league ground - had done a fair load last I knew.
Once told us a story about how he stumbled across and subsequently helped with a pupil who tried to commit suicide.

He did seem like one of the few sound teachers there, along with my favourite Mr Basu! The PE teachers all seemed like bellends with no interest in the football players at the school. I had another couple boys who were on the youth teams at Dunfermline and Hearts, I remember one boy having Olympia (think that was the brand that made Hearts kit at the time) boots, both were released before 5th year

Was in same year as Moyes. Had no idea about the others until I looked it up.

To think Brian MacKinnon was in the year below me at school!!!

He did seem like one of the few sound teachers there, along with my favourite Mr Basu! The PE teachers all seemed like bellends with no interest in the football players at the school. I had another couple boys who were on the youth teams at Dunfermline and Hearts, I remember one boy having Olympia (think that was the brand that made Hearts kit at the time) boots, both were released before 5th year

French boy that taught PE?
When I was there there was a French head of PE. Left quite suddenly, plenty rumours that he lied on his cv and spent the dept. budget on a holiday. Can't see the latter being true.

3 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Billy McPhee

Henry McLeish

Ruth Davidson

Two of the above went on to play for East Fife...

You'd probably have benefited from all three.

23 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

French boy that taught PE?
When I was there there was a French head of PE. Left quite suddenly, plenty rumours that he lied on his cv and spent the dept. budget on a holiday. Can't see the latter being true.

No he was an Indian guy that taught Economics. I went there from 97-01 so a lot of the teachers I knew are probably gone now. Did Miss Todd still teach French when you were there? She was well known as a teacher that couldn't control her class, so when I got her in 3rd year I stopped trying. I regret it now as French would be pretty handy here

The clearly mentally stable guy also went to my school, always mad into wrestling but not so good at separating reality from WWF, once brought a crowbar to school and hit a guy in the head with it 

Fran Healy was brand new, Joe McFadden was a fanny.

A quite comprehensive list from Holyrood there Rugster! The only ones I can add are;

Raymond Meade, who is now the base player of Ocean Colour Scene.

Chris Burke, the wee ginger footballer.

And a niche one here Mark Sweeney of ICW wrestling(he was a good c**t so thought he deserved a mention)

Notable alumni[edit]

Archived