A-League 2017/18

Eednud

The goal certainly was dodgy. Feel bad for Newcastle as they had a great 1st half and could have had a couple of goals.
It shows how unfair the Australian play off system is that a team that finishes 4th is the champions. It's the same across all Australian sports I guess.
Not really though, Sydney are still minor champions for finishing first in the regular season and get a champions league berth.

As for the FFA's statement? Fucking hell, so it was apparently working before the incident and after, but it was down for the exact 30 seconds the goal went in?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, XIII said:

Not really though, Sydney are still minor champions for finishing first in the regular season and get a champions league berth.

Minor champions means virtually nothing though. All the news is about Victory's 4th title. No one will remember Sydney were top by a mile. Same thing happens in the Aussie rules.

Season to remember:

• Minimal publicity with  adverts featuring players no longer in the league.
  • Teams had to play with missing players because games were played on international weekends
  • Tim Cahill, highly paid FFA shill and face of the league leaves in  a huff, tips a bucket on the quality of the competition.
  • FIFA finds that FFA's governance is not up to scratch and sends in a"normalisation committee"
  • FFA falls out with state league clubs
  • FFA announces expansion of the league without consulting existing clubs
  • FFA falls out with a-league clubs
  • Crowds down
  • TV ratings down
  • National coach resigns for mysterious reasons
  • FFA take months  to announce his replacement
  • Lights fail at a match in Newcastle
  • Goal nets fail at a match in Melbourne
  • WSW fans boycott
  • Brisbane lose ACL qualifier to Filipino pub team
  • Numbers peeling off player's shirts during match against Filipino pub team
  • Phoenix  look like they're going to fold
  • Ticketing shenanigans for the grand final
  • 6/10 coaches sacked
  • VAR was a shambles all season, culminating in Saturday's clusterfuck

On the upside, Victory are champions:thumsup2

23 hours ago, Papad said:

Minor champions means virtually nothing though. All the news is about Victory's 4th title. No one will remember Sydney were top by a mile. Same thing happens in the Aussie rules.

This has always confused me. Team who finishes top after 27 games = minor champions. Team who wins 2/3 games = major champions. I'd have said it was the other way around.

This has always confused me. Team who finishes top after 27 games = minor champions. Team who wins 2/3 games = major champions. I'd have said it was the other way around.

Guess I’m acclimatised now. Maybe they need to bring back major semi-final, preliminary final thing they used to have. This way the top 2 have a couple of chances to make the Grand Final similar to NRL & AFL.

So the FFA in another bizarre move to add to Arabs list have apparently contacted Iniesta's agent about taking him to the A-league.

Is this the first time a football association has tried to sign a player? And how do they decide which club gets him if he agrees? Can't see the clubs being happy about this, well other than the club he ends up at.

Not that he will come.

So the FFA in another bizarre move to add to Arabs list have apparently contacted Iniesta's agent about taking him to the A-league.

Is this the first time a football association has tried to sign a player? And how do they decide which club gets him if he agrees? Can't see the clubs being happy about this, well other than the club he ends up at.

Not that he will come.

He's not, he's going to Japan.

Maybe so, but it's still bizarre that the FFA were even contemplating buying a player for the league, especially given how fractured the relationship is between the clubs and the FFA

Telstra in cooperation with the FFA and foxtel have announced a football app that will stream all A-league, most W-league and some Socceroos games starting in June. If it's anything like thier nrl and afl apps it should be around $15pm for non telstra mobile members which isn't too bad, as it's half the price of the current sports package with HD from foxtel. Just hope it gives you the ability to cast to a chromecast

On the other hand though, watching football in Australia is becoming more of a joke.

As it stands.

A-league: Foxtel, telstra and sbs (one game per week)

Epl: Optus and sbs (again only one game a week)

European leagues: Foxtel and Bein sports app

Potentially needing 3 different subscriptions to watch the domestic league and all the big European leagues is nuts

No idea mate I haven't lived in the UK for 15 years.

Either way I'll be cancelling foxtel and getting the telstra app. This coupled with Redtv international and my football is sorted

No idea mate I haven't lived in the UK for 15 years.

Either way I'll be cancelling foxtel and getting the telstra app. This coupled with Redtv international and my football is sorted

It is believe me, I was there last week! ;)

Do you have to pay for football through the BeIN sports app? I've only ever watched it on the TV (and get it free via Foxtel subscription).

It is believe me, I was there last week! [emoji6]

Do you have to pay for football through the BeIN sports app? I've only ever watched it on the TV (and get it free via Foxtel subscription).
Yeah you can subscribe to the Bein sports Australia app rather than go through foxtel.

One thing that I've read up on with the telstra app is if it's like thier afl and nrl app then casting to TV in HD won't be possible, think that is due to foxtel.

Anyway in other news, Tony Popovic is to be named the new Perth Glory coach tonight with the ex Sydney FC CEO Tony Pignata being named as the new CEO.

Exciting times for Perth for once

Where you hearing this? And f**k off FFA with ANOTHER Sydney team! Two teams per city should be the limit, amd we should be looking to expand into areas the other codes haven't like Tassie

Archived