Shotts Bon Accord 2017/18

Sba

With the fixtures out, how do we feel about the first 7 league games and will we fair better in the sectional? Thoughts on the squad this season? Like pulling teeth so far [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No doubt we'll know more about any other signings by the end of the AGM on Tuesday. According to the club website 16 players have been retained in addition to the four new signings announced on Twitter. I'm not sure how many of those 16 will still be there come the start of the league campaign, given a substantial number of them were out with fairly long-term injuries at the end of last season and nor am I sure even whether the assistant manager, the keeper coach and his son should be listed among the retained players either.

I'm going to hold fire on my opinions concerning our prospects against our opponents as, at this time last year most of the fans, me included, thought we had a good chance of finishing at the right end of the table but we all know happened after that. A sobering experience. 

The manager is confident he will have a better team at his disposal this season and he has cleared out quite a lot of players who underperformed - sorry, guys, most of you gave everything but it just wasn't good enough. The league table does not lie. Not last season, it didn't. I certainly wish him and the team much better luck.

The club website has now been updated to include only those players actually registered at Hampden. Number now stands at 12 which may not be quite enough to get us through the season. I deduce from this some other signings/registrations may be imminent.

6 minutes ago, Sandgrownun said:

The club website has now been updated to include only those players actually registered at Hampden. Number now stands at 12 which may not be quite enough to get us through the season. I deduce from this some other signings/registrations may be imminent.

Miss Marple has nothing on you Drew !

Archived