TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

In what way were the strokes weird?

Big Julian talking absolute shite constantly. The 5 minute interlude of him singing about faeces while they sorted out an amp was particularly weird. At Primavera it was just endless terrible patter between tunes. 

4 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Big Julian talking absolute shite constantly. The 5 minute interlude of him singing about faeces while they sorted out an amp was particularly weird. At Primavera it was just endless terrible patter between tunes. 

Interesting. I saw them at rockness 2010 and titp 2011 and they were great.

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Was hearing that he kept rambling about how he wished they were at the Barrowlands instead and taking wee digs at the crowd on Saturday.

56 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Was hearing that he kept rambling about how he wished they were at the Barrowlands instead and taking wee digs at the crowd on Saturday.

Julian is a bit of a wierdo, you just have to look at his Instagram and realise he's quite out there. I expected his ramblings to be much worse. 

Don't really blame him, he talked about how much they were looking forward to coming back to Glasgow and how good the gigs at the Barrowlands were because of the crowd. More than half the crowd didn't even seem to know Last Nite. As I said before the booking for the festival is all over the place as to what group they are trying to cater for. It's more of a day out for young people to get hammered in the park than anything musical. 

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

They haven't played the Barrowlands for 20 years but they have probably took so much drugs that they think all their Glasgow gigs were there. 

I think they played Tuts and the Barras for the first album. Shitey Braehead for Room on Fire.  The Academy for First Impressions in 2007. So no indoor gigs in Scotland for 15 years but aye the Barras.....

8 minutes ago, gc_smfc said:

Julian is a bit of a wierdo, you just have to look at his Instagram and realise he's quite out there. I expected his ramblings to be much worse. 

Don't really blame him, he talked about how much they were looking forward to coming back to Glasgow and how good the gigs at the Barrowlands were because of the crowd. More than half the crowd didn't even seem to know Last Nite. As I said before the booking for the festival is all over the place as to what group they are trying to cater for. It's more of a day out for young people to get hammered in the park than anything musical. 

It is very much a mess. You get a lot of weans buying a weekend ticket to get pished in the park and don't care who is on. I've had a rip through the highlights on the BBC and it kind of matched what I heard out the window over the weekend. Sam Fender's crowd were mental loud, then for Paolo Nutini folk looked a bit bored tbh. 

There also seems to be an odd trend now of people going to post up at the very front for one act and act the c**t if anyone around them is there for someone else. I'm not sure if this is down to the fact folk haven't been to a festival/gig before due to Covid or if it perhaps I'm just getting old & irritable. 

I saw The Strokes at Lytham Festival the night before TRNSMT, the band were fine but Casablancas sounded like shit, and done some amount of fucking about between songs. Even fucked off the stage a couple of times, while the rest stood waiting to start the next song. They could easily have fit another 3-4 songs in with the time they lost. Was pretty annoying. 

Went for the full weekend, The Strokes were an odd one, first saw them at Leeds 2001 when they first arrived on the scene and they got moved from the Radio 1 Stage to the Main as they knew everyone wanted to see them and they were raw and outstanding but now, although musically they still have it, Casablancas seems to have lost it. Still very enjoyable.

Apart from them, highlights were Fountaines DC, The Snuts, Jamie Webster, DMA'S, Foals and Wolf Alice. Not a huge fan of Lewis Capaldi but he put on a good show. Only complaint was too much filler due to him not having enough material to fill a full set but he's genuinely quite funny so the comedy routine that was a good twenty minutes of his set wasn't the worst. They need to freshen things up though, same acts every few years so I expect Courteeeners or Kasabian next year 

All in all a great weekend, it's never going to be groundbreaking line up wise but there's always plenty to see, they know what kind of clientele they're aiming for and they know they'll most likely sell out no matter who plays so fair enough 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Julian is off the wagon after being alcohol free for years, loads of stories of him being terrible for the last few strokes gigs; it’s a shame because they can be one of the best live bands.

12 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Julian is off the wagon after being alcohol free for years, loads of stories of him being terrible for the last few strokes gigs; it’s a shame because they can be one of the best live bands.

Aye he seemed to have screwed the nut pre pandemic with the band out campaigning for Bernie and The New Abnormal being so much better than anyone expected but it obviously didn't last. 

• 3 months later...

They're playing Dublin on June 9th or something, which presumably doesn't involve the same dilemma. 

A very credible pick but the supporting line-up is bizarre. At least try to theme it by day FFS. 

Edited by vikingTON

• 7 months later...

I’ve got a ticket going for the Friday for under face value, don’t fancy it anymore due to the set times.

If you’re going the Friday and yet to buy a ticket yet let me know cause I’ll give you mine for under FV, E-Ticket so can send it over.

• 3 weeks later...