TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

• 2 months later...

'Connect' doing an Airdrie United by relaunching at the, err, Royal Highland Centre, rather than Inveraray. 

Looks like a more interesting/far less contemporary pop version of TRSNMT so far, but quite why Scotland cannot have a legitimate music festival with camping like every real country in Europe is mystifying.

Geoff Ellis is doing what decades of Wee Free Presbyterians only hoped to achieve. 

Edited by vikingTON

• 4 months later...
On 26/02/2022 at 02:34, virginton said:

, but quite why Scotland cannot have a legitimate music festival with camping like every real country in Europe is mystifying.

Because Scotland has an insane drug and alcohol problem like nowhere else.

4 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Some tickets inexplicably appeared on the ticketmaster website for Friday. Happy days indeed!

Almost certainly people patching it because they can't be arsed with the hassle of getting home.

Thankfully I can get a bus else I'd be selling mine too.

7 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Just watched the highlights of Paolo Nutini's set, crowd looked mostly bored not helped by that set list. 

No danger Sam Fender's not a bigger draw right now. 

“But, but he’s Scottish!!” 🙀

Aye but his jeans are tight and his music’s shite, somebody needs to turn him down! 🎶

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Just watched the highlights of Paolo Nutini's set, crowd looked mostly bored not helped by that set list. 

No danger Sam Fender's not a bigger draw right now. 

He'd be fine if he didn't insist on pissing about with basically all of his big songs to the point they're unrecognisable. Maybe Bob Dylan can (almost) get away with that self indulgent shite, but those early tunes are the only reason Nutini is even anywhere close to headlining. 

Edited by Fratelli

Went yesterday purely to see the Strokes after they had to delay a week at Primevera. 

Great weather for it, and the Strokes were on form which was a relief as Julian has been reportedly been messing around recently. 

However the audience was totally flat. Mix of it being popular with younger people but with a lineup that's all over the place with who's the target audience. 

They also need to bin having food places around the main stage, it should be bars, put all the food in one area to reduce the sea of unwanted chow mein on the ground. 

It's just a bit shit for a city festival compared with the other city ones I've been to in Europe. All Points East, and Primevera are much bigger but even Way out West seems able to get a better and more varied lineup. 

15 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

“But, but he’s Scottish!!” 🙀

Aye but his jeans are tight and his music’s shite, somebody needs to turn him down! 🎶

It was always thus...

[on manager Leggy Mountbatten's discovery of The Rutles]

Iris Mountbatten: Well, he told me that he'd been to see these young men in a dark cellar.

Narrator: Yes.

Iris Mountbatten: He was always very interested in young men.

Narrator: Oh, yes.

Iris Mountbatten: Youth clubs, Boy Scouts, that sort of thing.

Iris Mountbatten: But these, he said, were different.

Narrator: In what way?

Iris Mountbatten: Their hair, and... their presence... and their music...

Narrator: He liked it?

Iris Mountbatten: No, he hated it.

Narrator: What did he like?

Iris Mountbatten: Well, em... the trousers.

Narrator: What about their trousers?

Iris Mountbatten: Well, they were, eh, they were very, em... tight.

Would the Boy Scout joke be allowed today?

Edited by btb

9 hours ago, btb said:

It was always thus...

[on manager Leggy Mountbatten's discovery of The Rutles]

Iris Mountbatten: Well, he told me that he'd been to see these young men in a dark cellar.

Iris Mountbatten: He was always very interested in young men.

Narrator: Oh, yes.

Iris Mountbatten: Youth clubs, Boy Scouts, that sort of thing.

Iris Mountbatten: But these, he said, were different.

Narrator: In what way?

Iris Mountbatten: Their hair, and... their presence... and their music...

Narrator: He liked it?

Iris Mountbatten: No, he hated it.

Narrator: What did he like?

Iris Mountbatten: Well, em... the trousers.

Narrator: What about their trousers?

Iris Mountbatten: Well, they were, eh, they were very, em... tight.

Would the Boy Scout joke be allowed today?

too long didn't read GIF

Picked up a last minute Saturday ticket as a few pals were going and I can walk home from it in about 10 minutes. Missed just about all of Wet Leg due to the massive clusterfuck that was the queue to get in. We were queued for well over an hour. So in order of what I saw:

Fontaines DC - Superb. A great live act. Had an absolute blast watching them. 

Self Esteem - Had heard a few of her tunes on 6 Music, was pretty good as a festival set.  

Maximo Park - Got to relive my indie kid days minus the shit haircut and jeans that were too skinny. Absolutely loved it. 

Foals - Seen them a few times now. They're really great live. 

The Strokes - So I remember seeing them at Rockness 2010 and they were absolutely outstanding. Played at 100mph and everyone loved it. I saw them last month at Primavera and they were fucking weird to the point where it was a disappointing set. I mean they were slightly better on Saturday but not by much.