TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

That Elbow shout is laughable. Never a "big" festival headliner in a million years, and I'm a fan.

Looking at TITP 2010, the headliners were Muse, Eminem and Kasabian - three of the biggest artists around (in the UK anyway, for Kasabian) at the time/now. Lewis Capaldi is probably the biggest artist in the UK just now, so I can sort of see it (despite him having played the festival almost every year), Liam Gallagher and The Courteeners would most likely have been subs on that 2010 lineup (Faithless, Stereophonics and Jay-Z were that year).

There's no question that the calibre of acts on the TRNSMT lineup(s) have been nowhere near TITP pre-Strathallan, but as long as Ellis keeps the $$$'s flowing (which he most likely will this year) then he's not giving a flying f**k.

36 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

That Elbow shout is laughable. Never a "big" festival headliner in a million years, and I'm a fan.

Looking at TITP 2010, the headliners were Muse, Eminem and Kasabian - three of the biggest artists around (in the UK anyway, for Kasabian) at the time/now. Lewis Capaldi is probably the biggest artist in the UK just now, so I can sort of see it (despite him having played the festival almost every year), Liam Gallagher and The Courteeners would most likely have been subs on that 2010 lineup (Faithless, Stereophonics and Jay-Z were that year).

There's no question that the calibre of acts on the TRNSMT lineup(s) have been nowhere near TITP pre-Strathallan, but as long as Ellis keeps the $$$'s flowing (which he most likely will this year) then he's not giving a flying f**k.

That year was by far my favourite TITP  (attended 08'-14'). Faithless then Muse when I was absolutely smashooned was magnificent. 

Also, seeing Lewis Capaldi at a music festival sounds to me like utter torture. Can't imagine a worse kind of act for a festival. Talented aye, but for a festival, nah.

Edited by Big Fifer

• 6 months later...

What was the last festival you visited? For me it was music festival in New York last fall and a huge birthday party of my best friend in winter. The festival was awesome, I heard my favorite music at live and I spent my time dancing and singing. The party was also very cool and I can’t forget about it even now. My friend hired a mini-scene, sound and light equipment like wireless led uplighters and disco-ball for this party. The company that provided this equipment have installed it so professional that it was like a night club. It was the best party in my life and I had so much fun with my friends. I missed that moments during this lockdown and I hope that this situation with the virus will end soon.

Edited by davisan

• 8 months later...

Yep. My hope, and it's far from unrealistic, is that there'll be loads of ticket returns for the Sunday. They're going to be sending emails out about that soon, so I'll be keeping a close eye out.

Primal Scream isn't a BAD replacement for Foals by any means, but I was very much looking forward to them.

6 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Yep. My hope, and it's far from unrealistic, is that there'll be loads of ticket returns for the Sunday. They're going to be sending emails out about that soon, so I'll be keeping a close eye out.

Primal Scream isn't a BAD replacement for Foals by any means, but I was very much looking forward to them.

Going by the mewling on the official FB announcement there will be plenty of returns. People who look in their 30s saying they have never heard of the Chemical Brothers!

41 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Absolute b*****d to lose Foals on the Saturday and an even bigger b*****d that I don't have a Sunday ticket now.

ExZT56bWYAMIRap.jpeg.jpg

Saint Phnx is one of the worst bands I’ve ever seen.  Pip Blom is great.  Absolutely great.    I’d be quite surprised if this goes ahead, though.

While I don't like the idea of needing proof of vaccination for things like this, if TRNSMT announced such a thing, it'd get rid of Ian Brown, and I think I could live with it in that case. Especially after another festival replacing him with James.

25 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

While I don't like the idea of needing proof of vaccination for things like this, if TRNSMT announced such a thing, it'd get rid of Ian Brown, and I think I could live with it in that case. Especially after another festival replacing him with James.

Neighbourhood Weekender, that announcement fair cheered me up for what was already a good Sat/Sun line up. The least said about the Friday, the better.