TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

I won two Friday tickets. They’re giving them out like smarties it seems. Utter toilet line-up. Only going cos it’s a free day out and I don’t mind Gerry Cinnamon: puts on a decent show, even if his tunes are cringey.

That's not a risk TRNSMT will make again I imagine.

Expect the Saturday to sell out soon btw.

EDIT: Not even a third of the capacity needed for that btw. Which shows how badly that Friday is doing.

I'd expect giveaways on the weekend to go mental around April if that's right. So basically if you're interested, just hold out and get freebies. 

Edited by Principal Flutie

Guest Moomintroll

The Festival scene in Scotland makes me sad. Spent a lot of weekends in tents between 2007-16 watching great line ups between TITP, Loopallu, Rock Ness & Connect. Looking at the Summer Sessions line up, that combined with the TRNSMT line up would be excellent & I would be there but the baldy manc w**k is screwing every penny he can out of it and short changing every music fan in Scotland as a result.

On 2/21/2019 at 18:05, 8MileBU said:

You’re a complete simpleton. That angry at absolutely nothing, you’ve actually failed to realise that your issue should’ve been with your bus driver being an unprepared moron, and nothing at all to do with TITP being situated at Balado.

Except that it was an officially organised shuttle bus and every single one of them took that route every year of the event, you obese moron.

Thanks for playing anyway.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Isn't that just the past two years' line-ups in a different order?

As an addition to that, this is the third year from four that Blossoms have played. This is the first time someone on T or TRNSMT that someone has taken one of the big two slots and then went on to play the next year again as well.

The Sunday has less than half the acts as repeats, but that's mainly because Snow Patrol weren't there this year for other reasons. It's hard to tell who'd have taken the slot this year if they played.

IMG_5202.thumb.jpg.a79e0e636a89c8ee97c43472054524f6.jpg

That’s right. There are no female acts that could possibly play.

Or that no major festival will have a 50/50 split for many years.

Apart from Primavera who already have.

What a dick.

Yet another company with a CEO who treats his audience like imbeciles. This has all the signs of going the same way as T. The endless regurgitation of the same bands is just the first step.

Line up's a bit samey. Know it's meant as a replacement for T, but it still feels like a level down from T line up wise, especially headliners, even with T's last few line ups. T used to trade headliners with Glastonbury but i think TRNSMT is a fair bit below that.

Capaldi's played every single year, and it'll be his third year in a row on the main stage. Although i suppose with him being one of the biggest artists in the world just now, Scottish and playing festivals next year it was a bit of a no-brainer to have him headlining one of the pop days

Edited by Fratelli

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yet another company with a CEO who treats his audience like imbeciles. This has all the signs of going the same way as T. The endless regurgitation of the same bands is just the first step.

He's got his captive audience of 16-20 year olds who will buy tickets for this regardless of line ups. Like you say it's just a tombola of the same bands in a different order for the most part.