TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

It's a vicious circle though.
TITP was always chaos but as soon as they stopped spending money on the line up the only people who would go were solely going to get mwi and go feral for a weekend and it was a downward spiral to the point where less than 1000 people watched LCD Soundsystem a week after they headlined Glastonbury.
I forgot about Rockness as well. Four class festivals in the one summer.
Rockness [emoji24]

I'm paying £180 for the full first weekend of All Points East, I get to see the Strokes, Chemical Brothers and Christine and the Queens as the headliners. That's decent value for money, I'd probably pay £60 to see Chemical Brothers or the Strokes.

It's some shift in quality and variety of acts from last year at TRNSMT. It's something that you'd have got at T4 on the Beach or the big weekend.

Sorry but am I supposed to know who half of those acts are?

Have no clue who most of that lineup are & the ones I do are boring, middling shite like Jess Glynne & George Ezra.

Nae luck those who paid up front for that pish expecting a more diverse lineup in terms of music genre or a properly big headliner.

Would imagine Glasgow will be young drunken bam central that weekend as that's certainly the demographic the organisers are going for.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

George Ezra as a festival headliner emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Not that laughable now. Fastest selling arena tour in years. Probably the least laughable of the three.

Stormzy as a headliner... really hard to judge because he's not done a sizeable tour yet. He IS a big name though so I can kinda buy it, but he's probably the riskiest of the three. Hence why they put Gerry Cinnamon before him. He'll punt tickets if Stormzy can't. 

I'm paying £180 for the full first weekend of All Points East, I get to see the Strokes, Chemical Brothers and Christine and the Queens as the headliners. That's decent value for money, I'd probably pay £60 to see Chemical Brothers or the Strokes.

It's some shift in quality and variety of acts from last year at TRNSMT. It's something that you'd have got at T4 on the Beach or the big weekend.

Aye, that was pretty much my line of thinking when I seen that line up:

“The bairn would like to go to that. What a load of utter shite”.

Not that laughable now. Fastest selling arena tour in years. Probably the least laughable of the three.
Stormzy as a headliner... really hard to judge because he's not done a sizeable tour yet. He IS a big name though so I can kinda buy it, but he's probably the riskiest of the three. Hence why they put Gerry Cinnamon before him. He'll punt tickets if Stormzy can't. 

It is laughable though. The absolute state of the music scene just now.

25 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It is laughable though. The absolute state of the music scene just now.

I'd agree with the second part as far as the mainstream goes. Easy to forget that indie and rock for ages up until recently had a big place in the charts and thus sold big. It's not the case anymore this is a reflection of that.  

That's why I'll likely be doing Victorious this year and Camden Crawl. 

Another thing to add. The Killers last year and Radiohead the year before are among the best gigs I've ever been to. And they, along with Nine Inch Nails at Leeds 2007, are far and away the best festival shows I've seen.

I can't see any of those doing that for me.