TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

Think between Summer Sessions and even the acts playing The Bandstand this year, TRNSMT has really been left short on headliners. Nothing wrong with having a couple of breakthrough acts to headline but you could be doing with a big name headliner in the mix as well.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Was that Connect 2007? 

The festival scene is totally different now, I blame social media. 

Streaming and downloads have been a huge factor. 

There's festivals of this type out there though. I think there's probably more of a market for it now because a lot of older festival goers are being left behind by current lineups.

It's a vicious circle though.

TITP was always chaos but as soon as they stopped spending money on the line up the only people who would go were solely going to get mwi and go feral for a weekend and it was a downward spiral to the point where less than 1000 people watched LCD Soundsystem a week after they headlined Glastonbury.

I forgot about Rockness as well. Four class festivals in the one summer.

Streaming and downloads have been a huge factor. 
There's festivals of this type out there though. I think there's probably more of a market for it now because a lot of older festival goers are being left behind by current lineups.

Don’t agree with streaming and downloads being a factor myself, most people are going for a good time and a piss up and to see the live music, I don’t think the fact people can listen to tunes easier means that they don’t want to go to music festivals as much in 2019 as they did in 2007.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

Don’t agree with streaming and downloads being a factor myself, most people are going for a good time and a piss up and to see the live music, I don’t think the fact people can listen to tunes easier means that they don’t want to go to music festivals as much in 2019 as they did in 2007.

It hugely impacts what sells tickets though. Rock and indie simply hasn't been as big on the scale that it used to be. It's still big of course but more and more newer bands haven't been able to kick on to the next level.

That's why Reading and Leeds has become what it is. They are probably the only selling out festival outside of Glasto now and that's because they know their demographic. TRNSMT seems to be getting wise to this going on that lineup.