TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

The Golden Circle and putting on later trains are the two biggest things I'd change, although only one of them is in control of the organisers. 

The majority of its detractors on Twitter are people who haven't been and only dislike it because it isn't T in the Park. 

• 6 months later...

Yeah, it's definitely going to be mid February for the announcement. Going by efestivals, it sounds as if Catfish and the Bottlemen are 100% headlining with the other headliners being potentially two of: Florence and the Machine, George Ezra, KOL, RHCP, Kasabian, Snow Patrol.

Can see it being Catfish and the Bottlemen, Florence and the Machine & George Ezra. 

Edited by DAFC.

Apparently there are rumours going around that the headliners are Catfish, Ezra and Stormzy, with Snow Patrol, Gerry Cinnamon among those who are supporting. 

Not sure how true it is, but it does fit the British headliners and sub theme. 

If you swapped Summer Sessions and TRNSMT about, you'd probably get more success. I'd say those three would do really well with their own shows but not necessarily a weekend, and the three Summer Sessions headliners would sell a shitload of weekend tickets.

I like it but Scotland needs  a proper big festival.

TRNSMT doesn't have the power that TITP had.  Sound quality isn't very good due to city centre  proximity either.

Was really quite disappointed with Radiohead's sound the first year.  And hear Franz Ferdinand sound lat year wasn't good enough either.

1 minute ago, tirso said:

I like it but Scotland needs  a proper big festival.

TRNSMT doesn't have the power that TITP had.  Sound quality isn't very good due to city centre  proximity either.

Was really quite disappointed with Radiohead's sound the first year.  And hear Franz Ferdinand sound lat year wasn't good enough either.

The sound was iffy the whole day that day. Although it didn't really hurt FF all that much.

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

The sound was iffy the whole day that day. Although it didn't really hurt FF all that much.

aye it's kind of fundamental to get the sound on point.   

I won't be back until I hear its sorted to be honest.  plenty other festivals to go to that get it right.

It's a good thing for Glasgow as an extra thing in the summer, we need things like that.  But Scotland needs a real festival.

16 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

If you swapped Summer Sessions and TRNSMT about, you'd probably get more success. I'd say those three would do really well with their own shows but not necessarily a weekend, and the three Summer Sessions headliners would sell a shitload of weekend tickets.

I agree with that. The only problem, albeit minor, being Catfish played the Summer Sessions last year (?) with a big supporting bill behind them and George Ezra (with what I can see) will have played Glasgow twice in less than a year before TRNSMT.  I can see why DF have put those two on a festival billing in that respect, but overall your point is bang on.