TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

My thoughts on who I saw:

Kyle Falconer: He's not released his album yet, so no one knew his songs, but it was good to hear what the album will be like: seemingly just a new The View album but "poppier". A bit like 'Bread and Circuses'. 

Gerry Cinnamon: I've said before that I'm not a fan, but the way that he draws and captivates an audience is sensational given he's just a wee guy from Castlemilk with a guitar and, in my opinion, basic songs. 

Wolf Alice: I liked them without having any prior knowledge of the band. It's just good to see four people on stage really enjoying themselves (same goes for Gerry Cinnamon) and playing songs I enjoyed hearing. Gonna delve into them now.

Courteeners: Enjoyed. Obvs. Hadn't heard 'The Opener' since T 2015, so that was a welcome addition, and it's good to still be surprised (didn't expect 'Please Don't' or 'Take Over the World') after seeing them plenty of times. Shocked that his voice didn't sound like shit, too. Also, 'Summer' is a certified "choon" that was made for days like yesterday. 

Liam Gallagher: I'm by no means a massive Oasis fan, but I do like a a bunch of their songs, most of which were played last night, and I thought his album had enough good songs to fit in with the Oasis "bangers". I didn't really care how good he sounded, I just wanted to see what he's like live. Last night was more what I imagined an Oasis gig to be like than NGHFB was, which might actually be a shit thing, that Liam is still filling up the majority of the set list with Oasis. It was still great to hear songs like 'Morning Glory', 'Live Forever' and 'Whatever' live, and it wouldn't have been the full experience if we didn't get to see him acting like a complete fanny: the Man City stuff, and telling the scaffolding-climber to jump. 

I also caught a bit of The Sherlocks between Courteeners and Liam Gallagher. Really bland. 

Were you by any chance running aboot shouting Mon the perth St Johnstone?

Not that I can remember! Must have been some other mad Perth b*****d.

One another, don’t really rate Gerry Cinnamon. I couldn’t believe the amount of people who were there to see him, he had a huge crowd - probably second to LG. I think folk just like him because he’s Glaswegian. He’s pretty average.

Really enjoyed Gerry Cinnamon and I quite like his album, nothing groundbreaking but enjoyable none the less. So happy to finally see Shed Seven and they didn't disappoint. Liam was excellent, had the crowd in the palm of his hands. 

Really enjoyed Gerry Cinnamon and I quite like his album, nothing groundbreaking but enjoyable none the less. So happy to finally see Shed Seven and they didn't disappoint. Liam was excellent, had the crowd in the palm of his hands. 

Did they do Chasing Rainbows?

Aye, it was class. The new album is pretty decent but really enjoyed the old ones like Disco Down and Going For Gold.

Gutted about missing Shed Seven more than Liam tbh. My girlfriend is there today, was buzzing about Arctic Monkeys but fairly happy I never bought a ticket after listening to their latest album.

I've only ever heard of Gerry Cinnamon on here. I'm currently watching a video of him and I've never seen any sort of music as bizarre in my life. There's tens of thousands of people there and everyone of them is belting out every word at the top of their voice. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've only ever heard of Gerry Cinnamon on here. I'm currently watching a video of him and I've never seen any sort of music as bizarre in my life. There's tens of thousands of people there and everyone of them is belting out every word at the top of their voice. Am I missing something?

It's because he's from Castlemilk and sings words like 'flare' in a heavy weegie accent.

Wish folk would put their fucking phones away at gigs. Crowds at acts like the Courteeners, LG, Gerry Cinnamon look the worst for it.

Gerry Cinnamon is probably the only Glasweigan that I do like tbh. I think, people tend to like him because his music is alright, as mentioned above it's nothing groundbreaking but it's very catchy and comes across great live, I'd far rather a simple album like that than the most recent Arctic Monkeys or Noel Gallagher album, which were absolutely gubbins. Went to a Gerry Cinnamon gig in Newcastle that was wild, great times all round. 

Had a better time at that gig than seing Noel G at the O2 a few weeks prior. 

Watched that Gerry Cinnamon for the first time on TV yesterday and couldn't understand what was going on......but it must work as he had a huge crowd and everyone there was having a good time so fair play to the guy. Thought Arctic Monkeys were outstanding last night. Alex Turner is a completely different person on stage now to the early days. the new tunes sounded class as well. Think TRMST has hit the spot overall for scottish music events. Easy to access and lineups generally have been good. Cant see T in the Park ever making a return. 

For those that were there at the weekend, did the headliners finish by 11pm? Going on Friday with my 13 year old daughter and hoping to get the 11:30pm train back to Falkirk High afterwards.

15 minutes ago, The Chef said:

For those that were there at the weekend, did the headliners finish by 11pm? Going on Friday with my 13 year old daughter and hoping to get the 11:30pm train back to Falkirk High afterwards.

I'm sure there's an 11pm curfew but every headliner is due to finish at 22:50.  

Make sure you buy a return ticket on the way there, as the queues at the station on Saturday night were ridiculous. Getting away from GG might take a while, but if it's Queen Street you're going to, you should be fine. There is every chance your train will resemble this though:

Image result for packed trains

23 hours ago, JamieT1314 said:

He is fucking shite. Was cringing watching him last night, a ned with a guitar.

LG is a ned without a guitar.

I wouldn't say I'm GS's biggest fan but he puts on a good show and if folk wanna go and see him then who cares.

I wouldn't watch the darkness for example if they were out my backdoor but I dare say others will love them on Friday.

Live and let live and all that. GS had the place bouncing, majority of those there on Saturday were loving his performance.