West Region AGM

glensmad

45 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Correct. Fucking embarrassing. I'd love to know which clubs voted that clown back in. Junior game is fucking ruined.

No doubt a certain Glasgow club which has a nice little arrangement with him that if there is no Senior football on they get a home game

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Will the names of the 32 clubs who voted for the incumbent Secretary be made public? Consideration then needs to be given by fans as to whether to ever visit their grounds.

It was a secret ballot so doubt it

Will the names of the 32 clubs who voted for the incumbent Secretary be made public? Consideration then needs to be given by fans as to whether to ever visit their grounds.

Weed these clubs out and go half time. Sit in pub till half time [emoji23]. Am actually serious.

2 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Weed these clubs out and go half time. Sit in pub till half time emoji23.png. Am actually serious.

Well you could sit in Loks bar or head round to the quaich.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

And if the vote ended 32-29 as reported, three who didn't bother their arses showing up which if anything is worse.

Is it too late to suggest that the winner co-opts the other guy to help him with challenging new fixtures?

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is it too late to suggest that the winner co-opts the other guy to help him with challenging new fixtures?

Splendid idea, within a week they would have murdered each other and that would have cleared the way for........Oh aye, who in their right mind would want the job?

7 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Surely there should be a revote as all the clubs weren't represented? That is what happened in the past when a vote went through . Mind you it wasn't to Robertson's liking that time so probably no chance emoji849.png

The vote was 32/29 thats 61 , it is correct that three clubs did not send a delegate but there was also one which had not paid their mermbership subscription by the due date but was allowed to pay at the start of the meeting, in violation of the rules. Not that it affected the final result, but rules are there for a purpose and should be upheld. it was a 'secret' ballot to the extent that voting slips were handed out with both names and I can assure you I know how the two delegates on either side of me voted as they made no attempt to hide it. It did come as big surprise when the result was announced, but obviously a lot of people said one thing in public, but voted the other way when it came down to it. The revote the last time occured when !5 clubs had not paid but were allowed to vote, you would think that they would have tightened up the procedures after that fiasco.

Guest svejk
1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

No laughing matter
Can guarantee all of the Lanarkshire mafia voted for him so that sorts that. Thankfully will only play them in the cups

You've alluded to said "Lanarkshire Mafia" before, care to detail who this cabal consists of for the benefit of the rest of us ?

As a club based in South Lanarkshire, I can "guarantee" that you haven't spoken to anyone at the Forth and further "guarantee" you've obviously no idea how our club voted.

Heard it was a load of old goats spinning shite aboot the 80s,  seriously scottish fitba needs to clear the likes out the game for good from top to bottom,  the blazers need removed as they are destroying the game in this country absolute shambles

23 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Surely there should be a revote as all the clubs weren't represented? That is what happened in the past when a vote went through . Mind you it wasn't to Robertson's liking that time so probably no chance emoji849.png

I think the one you're thinking of was three or four clubs hadn't paid their membership in time but voted in original vote. Had the vote gone the way they wanted I doubt this discrepancy would have been pointed out.

As for the fixtures, I predict a 3 month fixture list at the start......and that's it. Back to normal after that.

You've alluded to said "Lanarkshire Mafia" before, care to detail who this cabal consists of for the benefit of the rest of us ?
As a club based in South Lanarkshire, I can "guarantee" that you haven't spoken to anyone at the Forth and further "guarantee" you've obviously no idea how our club voted.

Don't think I need to as it's a well known & long standing issue with all the clubs in & around the Lanark area . Clubs that despite not having a representation in the top league in years still feel the need to feel important in the grand scheme of things . You are correct about Forth though as I couldn't even find the place on a road map before the invention of mobile phone routefinders
Hope that clears it up for you

Archived