What covers are better than original

Fullerene

4 hours ago, The Afflicted said:

Spot the ‘influences’... two disco classics 

Raising funds for Tartan Army’s children charity 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/theafflicted

Who did the original of this? Unless it was Deacon Blue, I refuse to believe that this cover version is better.

5 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

I might get shunned from ska heaven but I prefer madness by Madness to the Prince Buster original

I will be joining you in ska hell then, I might be taking it too far, but I also prefer the Live version they did at the first Madstock of The Harder they Come to the original Jimmy Cliff version. 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Speaking of Ska Hell I quite like Skatune Network's covers. A bit hit and miss but if you don't think their version of Mr. Brightside isn't far superior to the original you're probably a boring b*****d

There is no such thing as a good version of Mr Brightside. A terrible song by an awful band.

9 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

There is no such thing as a good version of Mr Brightside. A terrible song by an awful band.

Mr Brightside is currently number 78 in the UK singles chart. 

It's been bouncing around the lower reaches of the Top 100 since 2004.

This means that there are large chunks of the UK population who are unaware that The Killers are shite. These people walk among us.

14 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

I will be joining you in ska hell then, I might be taking it too far, but I also prefer the Live version they did at the first Madstock of The Harder they Come to the original Jimmy Cliff version. 

What part of that response caused you to downvote it @ewan14, not wanting to fall out about it, just intrigued.

2 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

What part of that response caused you to downvote it @ewan14, not wanting to fall out about it, just intrigued.

I just think Jimmy Cliff's is wonderful

and I love the soundtrack of the film

and it is one  perfect entity

Sorry , not a fan of most Madness cover versions either

8 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

I just think Jimmy Cliff's is wonderful

and I love the soundtrack of the film

and it is one  perfect entity

Sorry , not a fan of most Madness cover versions either

I do like a lot of what Madness & other 70s/80s bands have done to introduce Ska, Reggae, Bluebeat & Dancehall to British audiences. I love Jimmy Cliff & it is my will that when I disappear behind the cremation curtain, the song will be Many Rivers to Cross.

The Madstock version of The Harder they Come is magnificent, especially the wah wah guitar and bass solo towards the end  but I see where you are coming from, if anyone said UB40's version of the aforementioned song was better, I would properly lose my shit.