What covers are better than original

Fullerene

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2017 at 23:56, BigFatTabbyDave said:

giphy.gif

^^^ Songs Desecrated by Otherwise Decent Artists thread for this pish.

I'll nominate Brian Ferry's version of Let's Stick Together, and probably Jealous Guy too. I'll also make certain Dundee-based posters' heads explode by saying that Tatu's version of How Soon is Now pisses all over Morrissey's version  :P

Valerie is a classic song it sounds straight out of the late 60's or early 70's, the first time I heard it on the radio I thought it was Ray Davies singing. So although the Ronson/Winehouse version in my opinion is a decent take on the song, but you are correct the original is still the best. Its a shame the two versions were brought out so close together, I quite sure more to do with the demand and hype around Amy Winehouse at the time, certainly stole the Zutons thunder quite a bit especially when some people believe its her song.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, weewilliewinky said:

OMD do a load of covers all on youtube such as waiting for man from velvet underground, neon lights from Kraftwerk, whole again atomic kitten think they wrote that one, latest is a live version of bowie's heroes but they are all crap

What Covers Are Worse Than Originals thread for this pish.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 09:52, PrestersKTID said:

Prefer Disturbed's version of Sound of silence. Seeing it live was eerie.

Taking dawn do a good cover of The chain by Fleetwood mac.

Apparently Kiss' God gave rock and roll to you is a cover. Can't imagine original is better.

Iron Maiden do great covers of I've got the fire by Montrose and cross eyed Mary by Jethro Tull.

Got to agree about Disturbeds Sound of silence Superb!