GLOW

TheGoon

Just finished it there, really enjoyed it. It's essentially Orange is the New Black in a different environment, a lot funnier though. Brilliant performances by Marc Maron, Jackie Tohn and of course Alison Brie. Kate Nash was good as well considering this was her first big acting gig.

I'd definitely be up for a second series, hopefully it's on the cards.  

2 hours ago, sonsism said:

Quite interested by this and I had a funny feeling it would be very similar to OITNB.  Is there a lot of wrestling references/humour in it or is it pretty basic for people who aren't mad about the wrasslin?

Nah, there's nothing you won't understand. 

Watched the pilot last night and really enjoyed it.

Pleasantly surprised at Ms Brie getting her kit off a couple of times. Hopefully this continues and extends to other members of the cast.

• 2 weeks later...

Great show. Some familiar faces in this and felt like a few nods to modern day wrestling as well but maybe I just read a little too much into it. Sam the director is a fantastic character and is definitely the driving force here. Looking forward to next season already. 

More of Kate Nash's diddies too please.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched this on a recommendation after skipping past it a few times on netflix. Extremely glad I did, really like the balance the show has with the serious and fun elements.

Currently about to watch the season two finale.

Spoiler

I really, really hope Bash is going to be okay in this episode, he's a really likeable softie fanboy imo. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...