Annan Athletic 2017/18 thread

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw Brandon Luke scored his first goal on Saturday for you guys. How is he getting on? Would you guys expect him to remain until the end of the season or back to the Pars once his loan expires?

He’s not been getting much game time lately but maybe his goal might earn him a start tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

Hats off to PM  for the unbeaten run which we lost yesterday. My only thought is 

where is the squad...a couple of youths and that's it, apart from himself and Kevin 

i don't think for one minute he would be happy with this so how come JC could 

pull players anytime but PM seems to be denied funds for squad players.

is the club saving up for something or are we just having a different approach 

to the playing staff.

6 hours ago, pidmoondo said:

Hats off to PM  for the unbeaten run which we lost yesterday. My only thought is 

where is the squad...a couple of youths and that's it, apart from himself and Kevin 

i don't think for one minute he would be happy with this so how come JC could 

pull players anytime but PM seems to be denied funds for squad players.

is the club saving up for something or are we just having a different approach 

to the playing staff.

Although I'm a Mo fan I have a lot of time for Annan and for Peter Murphy in particular as he did a great job for my home town team Carlisle. PM had a hard job putting a team together at Galabank after JC left with half the squad so this season was always gonna be an uphill struggle. From what I've seen in the 3 games against the Mo this season PM is getting it as right as he can with the resources he has and that means keeping it tight at the back to begin with - he's doing that and just hope you aren't playing P'heid soon!

Hope all you Galabankies keep on getting behind PM as he will get it right if he's given time.  A couple of older heads in there especially in midfield or up top wouldn't go amiss.

Good to hear you are still around though 'Pid' - need posters like you as there wasn't even a thread for yesterday's match.

Evan Horne and Conor O'Keefe are on loan from us until the end of the season. O'Keefe has played a few times for the first team, think he might be rated. Know sod all about Horne other than he has bounced around a few clubs' youth systems.

Evan Horne and Conor O'Keefe are on loan from us until the end of the season. O'Keefe has played a few times for the first team, think he might be rated. Know sod all about Horne other than he has bounced around a few clubs' youth systems.

Thanks for that news.
It’s like the secret service trying to get news from Annan Ath

Thanks! Any idea on the positions they play?

O'Keefe is a winger I believe. Know little else about him as he's only been a brief sub in games I've seen. 

Going by Google Horne is a midfielder. Already been on the books of Celtic, Hearts, Dundee United and Dunfermline before us despite not being 20!

Busy night at galabank,like stu said okeefe and horne both signed on loan along with ben armour from morton and jamie henry signed from arbroath.good to see some faces coming in especially after looking at the bench last weekend.anyone have any info on armour and henry?

1 hour ago, annanbear said:

Busy night at galabank,like stu said okeefe and horne both signed on loan along with ben armour from morton and jamie henry signed from arbroath.good to see some faces coming in especially after looking at the bench last weekend.anyone have any info on armour and henry?

Ben has been in about our first team all season, and has came off the bench quite regularly. He's very quick and is a good finisher. He scores pretty much every game for our u20's. He's rated quite highly at Cappielow. 

O'Keefe is a winger I believe. Know little else about him as he's only been a brief sub in games I've seen. 
Going by Google Horne is a midfielder. Already been on the books of Celtic, Hearts, Dundee United and Dunfermline before us despite not being 20!

Brilliant thank you!

Archived