Annan Athletic 2017/18 thread

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/30/2017 at 21:59, athletic 1 said:

Played really well at Dumbarton. I'm sure he'll stand out more at our own league level

:shutup

Did you SEE him play for Dumbarton? He was mostly a passenger (though he did stick one in the top corner from 30 yds at Palmerston right enough!). 

:shutup
Did you SEE him play for Dumbarton? He was mostly a passenger (though he did stick one in the top corner from 30 yds at Palmerston right enough!). 

I... SAW him play AGAINST Dumbarton last Tuesday for us. The game I was referring to

On 30/07/2017 at 21:59, athletic 1 said:

Played really well at Dumbarton. I'm sure he'll stand out more at our own league level

I thought he did ok at times for us last season, though he didn't look fit enough to play regular in the championship. Scored a cracking goal against Hibs on his debut. I would reckon he could still do a decent job in league 2.

On 30/07/2017 at 02:20, the philosopher said:

Ayr will win League 1 this year.

:lol: good one

Ah sorry. Misinterpreted what you said.

To be honest I wouldn't have said he was anything other than his usual self against us. Played a few nice passes, trundled a couple of shots wide from range, and just wandered about on the wing when he was put there. Krissian was Annan's best player against us imo, followed by Omar and Smith.

I've said it before though, I do hope things work out for him with you guys. He's a good guy by all accounts, and he was in a pretty bad place recently judging by interviews. I hope he starts enjoying his football again.

Fair shout from dafcburty on the team this season. Not worried about the defence if we can play like we did against Killie - solid showing, but dear oh dear complete malfunction against Ayr. Hope this was a blip. However where are the goals going to come from in the absence of a recognised striker? Agree with not rushing into signings - but need someone to stick the ball in the net NOW and clearly Smith and Stevenson not showing any inclination in that department. Hope they can prove me wrong on Saturday. Mon the Annan.

Archived