Annan Athletic 2017/18 thread

42 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

Plenty of positives to be taken from yesterday. Playing decent football and creating chances. With 18 shots at goal to Clyde's 9 we really should've won but at least we're creating chance so goals will come.
Still short up top but I'm told its being dealt with. For a group of lads thrown together a couple of weeks ago they did alright.

I was gonna write pretty much the same thing. 

Aidan was great yesterday, his pace is unreal he needs to look up a bit when he gets the ball but that'll come. Dan Orsi needs to try & beat a man when he's got the ball. Even Stevenson looked not to bad, fitter, better on the ball. As you say not bad for a team that was just chucked together a couple weeks ago. Especially against a team who have all played together before at Galabank. 

Oh aye Smart is a w**k.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Orsi had my blood boiling in the second half as every time we had a nice fast attack he stopped it by standing still and going sideways never trying to beat his man. Buy I do agree with the above there is more to be happy about than not.

Think if you had scored when on top in the first half you'd have went on to win, I was glad when half time came. 

Expect both teams to improve before the start of the league season. Quinn up top a cracking wee player.

Think if you had scored when on top in the first half you'd have went on to win, I was glad when half time came. 
Expect both teams to improve before the start of the league season. Quinn up top a cracking wee player.

It was the proverbial game of two halves. It's Smith up front for us [emoji106]

It's amazing how the mind of a Clyde fan and the mind of an Annan fan are so different I thought both teams played utter mince and can't see any positives from that 90 minutes but when you come on this thread it's like you's watched a different game, I'll put my money on us both bottom half of the table

It's amazing how the mind of a Clyde fan and the mind of an Annan fan are so different I thought both teams played utter mince and can't see any positives from that 90 minutes but when you come on this thread it's like you's watched a different game, I'll put my money on us both bottom half of the table

You'll understand after a few seasons with Chapman, we actually tried to play football yesterday but yes still a lot to improve on.
Clyde a team that have mostly played together anyway, and will revert to lump the ball counter attack hoof ball.

8 hours ago, annanbear said:

Heard we are interested in two young lads from killie and hibs.not sure of names but heard at least one of them is a forward.

Would sure seem to be the obvious problem and manager recognising that we need a goal scorer!!

However Saturday very interesting, am sure Killie will have had a doing after the Clyde game so will

come out all guns blazing but a good test for us!

Beaten 2-0 by Kilmarnock but again not disgraced. Competed well and happy with performance!

2 good strikes from Kris Boyd from basically his only chances,says a lot for him and a lot for Annan

defence! Pleased with the way new manager going about his job and once we find a striker then the 

better for us! Also Killie support in Annan clubhouse first class hope you enjoyed your day lads!!!

20 hours ago, Solway Star said:

Beaten 2-0 by Kilmarnock but again not disgraced. Competed well and happy with performance!

2 good strikes from Kris Boyd from basically his only chances,says a lot for him and a lot for Annan

defence! Pleased with the way new manager going about his job and once we find a striker then the 

better for us! Also Killie support in Annan clubhouse first class hope you enjoyed your day lads!!!

I had a great day in Annan yesterday. Thanks to everyone from Annan for their hospitality to us Killie fans. Letting the Killie fans share the home end in monsoon weather was much appreciated and the atmosphere in the club was great. All the best for the season lads.

I had a great day in Annan yesterday. Thanks to everyone from Annan for their hospitality to us Killie fans. Letting the Killie fans share the home end in monsoon weather was much appreciated and the atmosphere in the club was great. All the best for the season lads.

Shockarooni!!!

We were down there last season(Probably biggest travellin support in league to football,Social club and for local business's)

Anyway crowd of us were asked to leave covered home end when hurricane cumbria landed at 3pm and our only guilt was to shout for our team randolmly with no other intent..

Nice to hear common sense was used yesterday. Not sure how many of us will be back to galabank

Shame

On 23/07/2017 at 18:17, shawfield shed boy said:

Shockarooni!!!

We were down there last season(Probably biggest travellin support in league to football,Social club and for local business's)

Anyway crowd of us were asked to leave covered home end when hurricane cumbria landed at 3pm and our only guilt was to shout for our team randolmly with no other intent..

Nice to hear common sense was used yesterday. Not sure how many of us will be back to galabank

Shame

What happened was a section of the terrace was given to killie fans.they brought alot of support down and the weather was really bad.a few did manage to mingle with the home fans and they all behaved really well,unlike your mob who stand in the home end and act like complete tools.to be honest i wouldnt care if clyde never brought anyone down ever again.

Were you actually present of the clyde game in Question and if so tell me what we done wrong other than the crime of supporting our team in a very reasonsble fashion & i can assure you most annan supporters were fine with us apart from say one or two who i take was you & The steward and club official had to act on it. Well done ya tool

Archived