Annan Athletic 2017/18 thread

Hi guys, just a quick one.

I'm writing up a wee Betfred Cup preview for the local paper, and I wondered who you'd consider your key player to be? I'm aware it's difficult after a summer of upheaval, but I don't want to just pick someone with a decent reputation.

Cheers :) 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whereabouts is that on your website, I can't seem to find it?
Assuming the move is true I really hope it works out for Stevo. He was a bit of a disaster for us in all honesty, and seemed to be hit by a few demons off the pitch as well. He joined Raith, then Troon, then agreed to sign for Peninsula Strikers all within a couple of months of leaving the Rock.
He has plenty of ability, he can deliver a belting corner and will score a few 35 yarders - of that I have no doubt. Aside from that though he offered little, he couldn't run, jump or tackle, and whilst he'd do two or three sensational things a game, he's contribute little else.
As I said I hope it works out. He seems like a genuinely decent guy, who just needs to rediscover his love for the game.

Wouldn't bet on him sticking around.

Not surprised with the result tonight, as the result of all the trialists we had on show. What was encouraging however, was the way we played. We didn't seem to 'lump' the ball, the way we did under Chapman. Wether that's down to the manager or the players, we'll have wait and see.

From an Annan point of view very happy with last night. A team full of trialists did very well

against a team 2 divisions above us with Dobie in their side who was streets ahead of anyone 

else on the pitch. Well impressed with Annan trialist goalkeeper and big Pedro who did himself

no harm at all! Onwards and upwards Annan!

56 minutes ago, Solway Star said:

From an Annan point of view very happy with last night. A team full of trialists did very well

against a team 2 divisions above us with Dobie in their side who was streets ahead of anyone 

else on the pitch. Well impressed with Annan trialist goalkeeper and big Pedro who did himself

no harm at all! Onwards and upwards Annan!

The trialist goalie was jim atkinson,i liked the way he charged out of the box.thought the left and right backs looked decent.also like the look of the lad that came on in the 2nd half who played with 18 on his back,was told his name is dwayne coultress who used to play for berwick.

2 minutes ago, annanbear said:

The trialist goalie was jim atkinson,i liked the way he charged out of the box.thought the left and right backs looked decent.also like the look of the lad that came on in the 2nd half who played with 18 on his back,was told his name is dwayne coultress who used to play for berwick.

Cheers annanbear would agree with all you said also liked the look of the 7 that played

first half! This new manager seems to be doing things the right way with his pursuit of 

players. See you at Gretna at weekend?

Archived