BBC signing in

I can do without the BBC. Its to force every c**t to pay the license fee, if they want to do that they should make it optional to receive the BBC channels or not, like Sky etc do. They would find that no c**t would buy it because it is government run propaganda and the programs are shite.

Never understand the knicker wetting over the TV licence. It's worth it to allow them to keep making commercially unviable but excellent quality programmes for BBC4 and radio alone. And it costs f**k all in the grand scheme of things. 

21 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Never understand the knicker wetting over the TV licence. It's worth it to allow them to keep making commercially unviable but excellent quality programmes for BBC4 and radio alone. And it costs f**k all in the grand scheme of things. 

Whilst that is a decent point, it's a point that people don't want to be funding horrible propaganda. Like me. Am I f**k giving them money for that.

Completely agree. Stuff like Planet Earth, Radio 4, The A Word etc... make £12.18, or whatever it a month, seem like absolutely f**k all.

There was a funny interview recently on News 24 with a Russia Today journalist who they attempted to give a hard time re being "state propaganda/Putin's mouthpiece" and so on. Every argument they attempted, she turned it back right on the BBC and said they were doing exactly the same thing.

"Ah, but we're funded by the British taxpayers..."

"We're funded by the Russian taxpayers directly rather than going through the charade of making them buy a license..."

The BBC seem to have definitely lurched to the right in recent years, but I sometimes wonder if all they're doing is mirroring the mood of the UK as a whole. A lot of seems jarring up here in Scotland where it hasn't happened as much, but when you listen to some middle-England Question Time audiences for example, the BBC seem to be going with the flow of the zeitgeist in many ways.

I don't really care about the content all that much, its no my cup of tea, I don't pay the licence because of the all the fawning tribute programmes they made after jimmy saville died despite knowing and covering up what a fuckin monster he was the whole time

7 hours ago, Estragon said:

Bit pissed off that BBC Two AND Four are dedicated to Glastonbury tonight. Stick it on BBC Three where it belongs.

I like 5 Live's film show, 6 Music and Radio Scotland's football coverage. I think these things could easily exist in a commercial world. Don't mind paying the fee as even for this tiny bit of the BBC that I use it seems good value.

Archived