The Celtic All Seasons thread

Not going McGinn for the sake of quibbling over £500k-£1m or so was absolutely crazy. He was essentially destined to play for you but the board messed it up.

Currently getting bossed off John Fleck and Villa are 4-0 down.

Crazy that people wanted us to give him £23k pw.

• 2 weeks later...
Arzani not included in our Europa league squad apparently, quite suprised at that really. Perhaps not much of a Rodgers signing after all. Although you could say Musonda was most definitely his and he binned him anyway.

I assume he’s a bit off required fitness level. He’s here for a 2 yr loan so no surprise really. Prob see him around new yr for the early cup games.

Currently getting bossed off John Fleck and Villa are 4-0 down.

Crazy that people wanted us to give him £23k pw.
Not much point debating about it now but if Celtic recruited him properly at the start of the summer he'd have played for 10k a week.

McGinn is nowhere near the finished article , it would have been a long term signing.

Look at the drastic improvement in Scott Brown, i bet you the majority of Celtic fans thought he was finished the season before Brendan's arrival.

7 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

I assume he’s a bit off required fitness level. He’s here for a 2 yr loan so no surprise really. Prob see him around new yr for the early cup games.

Aye when ignore the faux hysteria from the national papers Chris Davies is quoted in a manchester newspaper mentioning fitness. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arzani-celtic-europa-league-squad-15117185

I have yet to see the squad assume we still could have fitted in but Im guessing this could have been used as a wekk kick up the arse for him.

17 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Not much point debating about it now but if Celtic recruited him properly at the start of the summer he'd have played for 10k a week.

McGinn is nowhere near the finished article , it would have been a long term signing.

Look at the drastic improvement in Scott Brown, i bet you the majority of Celtic fans thought he was finished the season before Brendan's arrival.

Agreed, if the 23k a week is true his agents done well given the lack of interest from other English clubs and Aston Villas upcoming FFP restrictions.

Alloa Athletic striker Greig Spence has revealed Craig Gordon "covered wages I lost" after a tackle by the Celtic goalkeeper left him "off work for three months".

Gordon received a yellow card after racing from his goal and fouling Spence with an high kick in a Scottish League Cup tie in September 2016.

In a tweet on Thursday, Spence, 26, said he "forgave" Gordon.

He was responding to a post in which the tackle was described as "shocking".

"I was off work for three months after this challenge but Craig Gordon covered my wages I lost so I forgive him," Spence tweeted.

Gordon, 35, had said the Scottish FA's disciplinary procedures needed greater transparency, prompting a Twitter user to post a picture of the challenge, saying it was "bewildering" the Scotland goalkeeper had faced no retrospective punishment.

IMG_2172.jpg

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Alloa Athletic striker Greig Spence has revealed Craig Gordon "covered wages I lost" after a tackle by the Celtic goalkeeper left him "off work for three months".

Gordon received a yellow card after racing from his goal and fouling Spence with an high kick in a Scottish League Cup tie in September 2016.

In a tweet on Thursday, Spence, 26, said he "forgave" Gordon.

He was responding to a post in which the tackle was described as "shocking".

"I was off work for three months after this challenge but Craig Gordon covered my wages I lost so I forgive him," Spence tweeted.

Gordon, 35, had said the Scottish FA's disciplinary procedures needed greater transparency, prompting a Twitter user to post a picture of the challenge, saying it was "bewildering" the Scotland goalkeeper had faced no retrospective punishment.

IMG_2172.jpg

This sounds like a nice story but I'm confused by this as Spence didn't miss any playing time after the League cup game on Sept 21, 2016.  A quick look at soccerway shows Spence starting Alloa's next game on Sept 24th

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Leigh Griffiths signed until 2022

Is it written into his contract that he won't try a leg against Hibs, and generally act like a spoiled wee brat when he has to play against them  ?

• 2 weeks later...

Was reading this elsewhere

Jack Hendry has only started in 1 game that Celtic have won and he got subbed at half time when it was 1-1 and he’s only played in a team that's won a game on 3 occasions in his entire career.

A shocking stat if true. But not surprising.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Was reading this elsewhere

Jack Hendry has only started in 1 game that Celtic have won and he got subbed at half time when it was 1-1 and he’s only played in a team that's won a game on 3 occasions in his entire career.

A shocking stat if true. But not surprising.

Scapegoat?

The problems in the team go beyond Jack Hendry.

No one said otherwise but Hendry is obviously a problem, we hadn’t lost a goal in 8 1/2hrs before today, he comes in and we lose 2, both down to him imo. Even the manager blamed him for one of them.