The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:

There was cremation services for cardboard cutouts when Gerrard left Sevco tbf, both sets of fans are entitled oddballs.

Guy at work (late 50s) had a SG mobile phone case.

Its because they genuinely believe the 'Club like no other' platitudes and propaganda and can't wrap their heads around the fact that, unless youre born/bred/brought up a Celtic fan, then they are simply just A.N. Other Club.

They also always need an enemy to rail against to maintain their 'oppressed' mindset.

Edited by Richie

12 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

John Kennedy has told Celtic that he wants to leave to join Ange Postecoglou at Tottenham Hotspur.

Smart move by Kennedy - if he goes can you get a bet on him being next Celtic manager bar one?

7 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Celtic fans have this weird thing where they crucify anyone for leaving and convince themselves nothing can possibly be a step up from them. Rodgers, Tierney, Edouard to name a few and seeing some rage at Ange now.

Don't remember Rangers fans being that entitled when Gerrard left.

You’re kidding right?

9 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Celtic fans have this weird thing where they crucify anyone for leaving and convince themselves nothing can possibly be a step up from them. Rodgers, Tierney, Edouard to name a few and seeing some rage at Ange now.

There were a few attention seekers putting up daft videos on social media when Gerrard left. 

2 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I’d be thrilled to hear how you’d spin that if it were Celtic fans. 

Delightfully witty videos which were a joy to watch.

On 07/06/2023 at 05:41, Fraser Fyvie said:

Other than Gerard has any manager left rangers recently to go on to better things. Even Gerard probably jumped before he was pushed. 

8 hours ago, bennett said:

https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1667793789753380864?t=MnfQhh0RiN40osS1ZvMcBQ&s=19

Matt O'Riley says Celtic COULD win Champions League and is certain they were destined for knock outs under Ange

He also said that Wee McGregor could get a game beside Kroos and Modric in Real Madrid’s midfield and that CCV’s value had increased by 10 x what Celtic paid for him (suggesting he’s worth £60m) - I don’t think the guys being completely serious tbh.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He also said that Wee McGregor could get a game beside Kroos and Modric in Real Madrid’s midfield and that CCV’s value had increased by 10 x what Celtic paid for him (suggesting he’s worth £60m) - I don’t think the guys being completely serious tbh.

Did he?  

53 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Apparently we have a preliminary agreement to sign Odin Thiago Holm from Valarenga. Nothing confirmed and would be surprised if making signings without confirmation of a new manager.

Happens all the time.

Reo Ratate

The 25-year-old Japan international, a key player for Celtic since joining from Kawasaki Frontale in January last year, has been linked with rejoining former boss Ange Postecoglou at Spurs this summer.

In an interview with Goal.com,, external Hatate said: “If there is a chance to step up, I would like to play in various leagues. “As a football player, I think everyone wants to play at a high level throughout the season.

“It's really big there [in Scotland]. When I was in the J League, I thought it was impossible to want to play in the five major leagues.

“However, because I was able to achieve a certain amount of results throughout the season with Celtic, I started to think that I would like to challenge myself next time.

If there is a chance, I would like to take on the challenge.

“Of course, if I stay with this team, I can have a lot of good experiences and next season there will be Champions League. I think that by always standing at the top and fighting I will be mentally stronger, so there are many good points even if I stay.

“However, since I was able to experience it properly, I have a desire to play in another league.”