The Celtic All Seasons thread

12 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Kyogo ahead of Dembele?

Meme Reaction GIF

Compare their records.

Dembele scored 51 goals in 94 games, Kyogo is already on 49 after just 75 games.

Let’s put that into context, it took Larsson 83 games to reach 50, Hooper 86 games, Griffiths 86 games, McDonald 95 games. Kyogo also rarely plays 90 mins either, he is usually subbed after after 65 which makes it even more impressive

Now it’s obviously ridiculous to suggest Kyogo is on a par with Larsson however the stats don’t lie, he is by a mile more prolific than Dembele

Edited by Jinky67

It’s also a bit odd if you’re only including signings made by each manager to include them in the “best side” comparison. Would mean players like Larsson, Tierney, McGregor etc can’t be considered.

8 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

If I had to make a best 11 from the two teams only 1 Rodgers signing would make it and that’s Sinclair. I’d have 4 of Anges in Hatate, Kyogo, Jota and CCV

Only 5 players make your best combined 11 from the two teams? Harsh. 

Your current side is the weakest, but would probably beat Rodgers side because Rodgers wouldnt adapt his side to play the modern side.

The O'Neil side would batter both.

It wouldnt even be a debate between Kyogo and Dembele. If Dembele was given the same role as Kyogo (just poach and do literally nothing else on the ball) he'd probably hit about 50 goals in the league.

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Compare their records.

Dembele scored 51 goals in 94 games, Kyogo is already on 49 after just 75 games.

Let’s put that into context, it took Larsson 83 games to reach 50, Hooper 86 games, Griffiths 86 games, McDonald 95 games. Kyogo also rarely plays 90 mins either, he is usually subbed after after 65 which makes it even more impressive

Now it’s obviously ridiculous to suggest Kyogo is on a par with Larsson however the stats don’t lie, he is by a mile more prolific than Dembele

Who was better? Dembele or Kris Boys during his first spell at Rangers?

8 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

"Now it's obviously ridiculous to use these stats against the "King of kings" but let me use them how I see fit to make my point. "

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your current side is the weakest, but would probably beat Rodgers side because Rodgers wouldnt adapt his side to play the modern side.

The O'Neil side would batter both.

It wouldnt even be a debate between Kyogo and Dembele. If Dembele was given the same role as Kyogo (just poach and do literally nothing else on the ball) he'd probably hit about 50 goals in the league.

I think you are doing Kyogo a bit of disservice his work rate is fantastic off the ball and makes constant runs when we are in possession, admittedly you were only talking his work on the ball though. Having said all that its Dembele for me, at champions league level he looked at home and offers an outlet when you are struggling at that level.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s also a bit odd if you’re only including signings made by each manager to include them in the “best side” comparison. Would mean players like Larsson, Tierney, McGregor etc can’t be considered.

Nope if I’d to make an 11 from both those times it would be 

Gordon, Lustig, Tierney, CCV, Simunovic, McGregor, Hatate, Rogic, Jota, Kyogo, Sinclair.

Quite a few of those players are ones signed or brought through by Deila. Rogic and McGregor played for both. And we weren’t considering the 2001 team just a comparison between 2016 and now.

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

"Now it's obviously ridiculous to use these stats against the "King of kings" but let me use them how I see fit to make my point. "

Larsson could do things none of them can. His link up play and intelligence was far superior to any of them. Larsson matured as a goal scorer at Celtic, he wasn’t initially as prolific as someone like Boyd however he became that particularly 99/00 and 00/01

As for Kyogo he offers more overall than Dembele in my opinion. His movement is far superior, his work rate is superior as is his link up play hence why he gets so many more chances. It’s just what you like no? Many and probably more Celtic fans will prefer Dembele, it’s just an opinion

I do find it interesting that all those people who repeatedly tell us they have zero interest in Celtic have suddenly become interested 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I do find it interesting that all those people who repeatedly tell us they have zero interest in Celtic have suddenly become interested 🤣

This seems to be the cry of OF fans anaw. From the obsessed patter they through at each other to this random shout when questioned.

28 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This seems to be the cry of OF fans anaw. From the obsessed patter they through at each other to this random shout when questioned.

It’s ok to be interested and question, I have no issue with it at all. These hypothetical debates are enjoyable just don’t say you couldn’t care less or aren’t in the least bit interested when you clearly are or you wouldn’t be able to challenge my opinion would you? 

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Who was better? Dembele or Kris Boys during his first spell at Rangers?

I didn’t watch Rangers enough during that period to say so I’m not an expert on Kris Boyd however as a penalty box striker he has to be up with some of the best. His goal record is phenomenal and better than them both in that regard but he wasn’t against us and those big games also matter and both Dembele and Kyogo show up in those games and like I said before it’s subjective based on what you like 

So if I had to chose between Dembele and Boyd I’d chose Kyogo

Edited by Jinky67

42 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s ok to be interested and question, I have no issue with it at all. These hypothetical debates are enjoyable just don’t say you couldn’t care less or aren’t in the least bit interested when you clearly are or you wouldn’t be able to challenge my opinion would you? 

I am not sure I suggested that at any point.

19 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Come on now lads. Not many of these players get in to that Rodgers team. Plus he's a better manager than Ange.

Everybody at Celtic knew Rodgers was a terrific manager at the time. What I do find funny, as with most successful Celtic managers, on here Rodgers was roundly slated and achievements rubbished.