The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Me saying I was looking to get the opinion of fellow fans doesn’t mean you shouldn’t or can’t post, I’m just saying I wasn’t posting looking for a debate especially since a Rangers fan won’t agree regardless of how evidenced based an argument may be.

You don’t agree and that’s fine 

What evidence do you feel that I’ve disregarded?

32 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's obviously just an opinion but Rogers sides would batter the Ange or O'Neill era.

I reckon O'Neills would better Ange's, just.

If anything I would probably put the 2016 team at the bottom of the 3 instead of the top.

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

If anything I would probably put the 2016 team at the bottom of the 3 instead of the top.

You also have to consider the starting position of MON and Anges side. Both sides were an absolute shambles the season previously. I think we finished 21 points behind Rangers in 99/00 so to turn that around utterly smash them and then win a treble was outstanding. 

BR only had to maintain the large gap we already had. Rangers were nowhere and never going to challenge and Aberdeen realistically weren’t going to go all the way. Yes going invincible is a feat but you need to apply context to it also.

I don’t think BR’s side could have done the run to Seville , well we know they couldn’t since Europe didn’t go too well for BR. Anges side clearly isn’t at that level yet either. 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Brendan Rodgers side didn't need to put pressure on refs or ban away fans to gain an edge, they could actually play football. 

We didn’t need to ban away fans to get an edge, the league was effectively already over and you bore witness to it all. 

And the BR side was good but not as fun to watch as the current one 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You also have to consider the starting position of MON and Anges side. Both sides were an absolute shambles the season previously. I think we finished 21 points behind Rangers in 99/00 so to turn that around utterly smash them and then win a treble was outstanding. 

BR only had to maintain the large gap we already had. Rangers were nowhere and never going to challenge and Aberdeen realistically weren’t going to go all the way. Yes going invincible is a feat but you need to apply context to it also.

I don’t think BR’s side could have done the run to Seville , well we know they couldn’t since Europe didn’t go too well for BR. Anges side clearly isn’t at that level yet either. 

We didn’t need to ban away fans to get an edge, the league was effectively already over and you bore witness to it all. 

And the BR side was good but not as fun to watch as the current one 

celtic obviously did need an edge, hence no away fans in the ground and the usual pressurising officials. 

Rodgers team wouldn't have needed an edge.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Are you suggesting he’s not? 

No, potential is a complete intangible that is difficult to measure. I was querying how it was determined as a fact that Abada was “at least of equal potential” to Bassey.

18 hours ago, bennett said:

celtic obviously did need an edge, hence no away fans in the ground and the usual pressurising officials. 

Rodgers team wouldn't have needed an edge.

Dinnae talk pish, bennett.

Ta.

48 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

It means there was a fear Rodgers team could put 8 past you if they wanted to. Ange's team are nowhere near it.

I think Barry Robson and Jim Goodwin would disagree given last time Robson took Aberdeen to Celtic Park they got four put past them and it could easily have been 8, while Goodwin played the most negative, embarrassing confidence shattering football to avoid an 8-0 pumping at Pittodrie and still lost. 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

It means there was a fear Rodgers team could put 8 past you if they wanted to. Ange's team are nowhere near it.

You couldn’t have watched the last game at Celtic Park then. That game could have been anything we wanted it to be.

12 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Come on now lads. Not many of these players get in to that Rodgers team. Plus he's a better manager than Ange.

If I had to make a best 11 from the two teams only 1 Rodgers signing would make it and that’s Sinclair. I’d have 4 of Anges in Hatate, Kyogo, Jota and CCV

Edited by Jinky67

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If I had to make a best 11 from the two teams only 1 Rodgers signing would make it and that’s Sinclair. I’d have 4 of Anges in Hatate, Kyogo, Jota and CCV

Don’t Jota and Sinclair play in the same position?