The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 17/02/2023 at 20:49, Dons_1988 said:

I have no idea what the little mink said tbh, I’m more addressing the idea it’s an absolute clamping when it just seems a standard response. 

I don’t have much of an issue with ‘ange’ tbh I just don’t think it’s worthy of the praise. 

It highlights the parochial mindset of the Scottish football media which you guys bleat about every day of the week. 

22 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

A club open to all

Might help to read the comments on the twitter thread to gauge the level of support actually given. 1000 people (assuming this is even an accurate number) and a handful holding a poster are hardly indicative of the views of the entire fanbase or the actual club. 

So yeah you might have made a bit of a rip roaring c**t of this one 

7 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Do you think we have improved as a team on last season?

My opinion is we are about the same level at the moment but recent games suggest we may be about to improve between now and end of season, which will be important for any chance of getting something better out of europe next season.

I think we have fitness wise and squad depth.  I don't think performance wise we were that bad in the champions League, quite a few stats seem to back that up, I hope next season the scorelines are a bit more competitive to get European football after Christmas. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ange quotes on exit speculation

“You think about it all,” said Postecoglou. “When people say ‘he’s going to go down the road or somewhere else with the first offer he gets’ it’s not how I’m wired, it’s not how I think. For me, what it’s about is just trying to leave a mark wherever I am. I have done that with every football club I have been at. I want to do that at this football club and that is all that consumes me. I don’t think about the next step … or I need to go somewhere else … or I need to do this … or I need to consider other things. It is all there."

“You don’t go through life oblivious to it. It is not healthy to put the blinkers up and not know what is going on because that tests your desire to keep doing what you’re doing. If people are talking about my future or are interested in my future I will sit there and listen. It doesn’t mean I am going to jump at anything that comes my way. I am really passionate about what I do and the people close to me know what is most important to me, what drives me and what keeps me sort of happy in my role. I couldn’t be happier.”

-

Asked if would require a big job to entice him away from Celtic, Postecologou chose to reframe the question, setting out that any longevity depended on continuing to be wanted. “I totally understand what you mean,” he said. “I am hoping that over the course of time, as long as I’m here – and I am still here even though people have been getting me out the door, and I think you will be surprised how long I am here – all that I do when I am here is just be consumed by what I do and try to make this football club the best it can be and enjoy every minute of it.

“Mate, the world of management, I am too old to be kidded on by anybody. Things change very quickly. How many managers last three years in their roles these days? You have either got to have extraordinary success or in rare circumstances a club sticks by you. Apart from that, everyone doesn’t last that long. I am going into my third year next year and I am going to keep doing what I am doing and not really worry about what other people see. Because I’ll tell you what the first thing that will be said – and one of you [in the media] will be the first ones to do it – is I am not ambitious enough because I am not moving on.

On 19/02/2023 at 09:28, Drew Brees said:

Think you jumped in feet 1st with that, absolutely nothing to do with Celtic and absolutely nothing to do with the support. Read the replies ffs. 

Their own images don't even back up their claims, given I can see at least four of their crappy leaflets on the ground already.

Thoroughly enjoyed the celebrations at the weekend, I’m just about floating back down to earth. 
Ange and our squad have quite rightly taken high praise for the brand of football that being created at Celtic Park. 
I’m even more delighted that, after all the plaudits, they’re still searching to improve and progress. 
This relentless approach to developing the squad and our style of play game-after-game is exactly what will sustain our dominance domestically.

How this confidence will then translate into games in europe will be interesting and exciting to witness. 
Our record is poor in europe and I’m certain Ange will find this another irresistible challenge to overcome. He’ll relish the opportunity to find solutions to compete against the top European clubs. 

12 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Ange quotes on exit speculation

“You think about it all,” said Postecoglou. “When people say ‘he’s going to go down the road or somewhere else with the first offer he gets’ it’s not how I’m wired, it’s not how I think. For me, what it’s about is just trying to leave a mark wherever I am. I have done that with every football club I have been at. I want to do that at this football club and that is all that consumes me. I don’t think about the next step … or I need to go somewhere else … or I need to do this … or I need to consider other things. It is all there."

“You don’t go through life oblivious to it. It is not healthy to put the blinkers up and not know what is going on because that tests your desire to keep doing what you’re doing. If people are talking about my future or are interested in my future I will sit there and listen. It doesn’t mean I am going to jump at anything that comes my way. I am really passionate about what I do and the people close to me know what is most important to me, what drives me and what keeps me sort of happy in my role. I couldn’t be happier.”

-

Asked if would require a big job to entice him away from Celtic, Postecologou chose to reframe the question, setting out that any longevity depended on continuing to be wanted. “I totally understand what you mean,” he said. “I am hoping that over the course of time, as long as I’m here – and I am still here even though people have been getting me out the door, and I think you will be surprised how long I am here – all that I do when I am here is just be consumed by what I do and try to make this football club the best it can be and enjoy every minute of it.

“Mate, the world of management, I am too old to be kidded on by anybody. Things change very quickly. How many managers last three years in their roles these days? You have either got to have extraordinary success or in rare circumstances a club sticks by you. Apart from that, everyone doesn’t last that long. I am going into my third year next year and I am going to keep doing what I am doing and not really worry about what other people see. Because I’ll tell you what the first thing that will be said – and one of you [in the media] will be the first ones to do it – is I am not ambitious enough because I am not moving on.

It’s a good interview and he has the media completely sussed. He is obviously aware of the speculation however also seems very committed as he clearly has goals at Celtic he hasn’t achieved yet.

He has found a club and support that match his passion for football and I think you saw that with how happy he was on Sunday. 

It’s testament to how good he has been that they cannot wait to see the back of him. 

15 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a good interview and he has the media completely sussed. He is obviously aware of the speculation however also seems very committed as he clearly has goals at Celtic he hasn’t achieved yet.

He has found a club and support that match his passion for football and I think you saw that with how happy he was on Sunday. 

It’s testament to how good he has been that they cannot wait to see the back of him. 

Who's this 'they' that 'cannot wait to see the back of him' ?  That statement seems to me to be  testament to the fact that secterian paranoia is like mother's milk to a certain breed of Celtic followers. Let me tell you one thing. If there is anyone out to 'get' Celtic or Rangers it's certainly not the Scottish football media whose slavish devotion to our tedious duopoly disgusts just about everyone in Scotland .

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Who's this 'they' that 'cannot wait to see the back of him' ?  That statement seems to me to be  testament to the fact that secterian paranoia is like mother's milk to a certain breed of Celtic followers. Let me tell you one thing. If there is anyone out to 'get' Celtic or Rangers it's certainly not the Scottish football media whose slavish devotion to our tedious duopoly disgusts just about everyone in Scotland .

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A journalist asks fat Ange the standard question about a bigger job after being linked with a bigger job.

Celtic fans- “They want him out so Rangers can win the league. Concrete proof of the anti Catholic agenda”.

There’s no medication for that.

What the f**k are you two roasters actually slavering about?

From 2017

AUSTRALIA boss Ange Postecoglou is reportedly interested in becoming Rangers manager.

The 52-year-old is expected to quit his role as Aussie head coach after this week’s World Cup play-off. 

Postecoglou wants to move into club management and ESPN claim he is keen on replacing sacked Pedro Caixinha at Ibrox.

Greek-born Postecoglou has been in charge of the Socceroos since 2013 and has also had spells in charge of the Under-17s and Under-20s.

After spending most of his football and playing career down under, Postecoglou fancies a crack abroad.

However, SunSport understands Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes remains Rangers’ No1 target.

19 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

He has terrible hair but when he plays, it looks pretty cool. Shame about the old gumshield - is there a reason he uses one? 

Very good player, right enough. Probably the most impressive Ange has brought in.