The Celtic All Seasons thread

12 hours ago, AJF said:

Fat man has food on his mind - what a shock.

Rumour has it he loves to eat bears for breakfast 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can already see the scenario 12 months from now.

"Ange" away to the EPL, John Kennedy in charge, more signings like James McCarthy.

The chairman is a non exec role so not really involved in the day to day running of the club however it was Peter Lawell who brought Ange in.

Bankier is retiring so Lawell is a good option to fill that particular role. Don’t see anything in this that would worry me.

Edited by Jinky67

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Rumour has it he loves to eat bears for breakfast 

The chairman is a non exec role so not really involved in the day to day running of the club however it was Peter Lawell who brought Ange in.

Bankier is retiring so Lawell is a good option to fill that particular role. Don’t see anything in this that would worry me.

Celtic fans protested and wanted him chased out the door. Now it’s fine as he is in a different role? Fickle.

Just now, AJF said:

Celtic fans protested and wanted him chased out the door. Now it’s fine as he is in a different role? Fickle.

He isn’t exactly universally hated by Celtic fans, I would say it’s split.

I wouldn’t want him back though. Our more  proactive approach in the transfer market shows how much he had the hand brake on for years and held us back. He’s also a smug arrogant w**k who at one point was averaging over 60 grand a week which was double what any of our players were on.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Don’t see anything in this that would worry me.

You'd perhaps be better deleting your previous posts regarding Lawell. I won't drag them all up - there are that many - but a simple search of 'Lawell' and then by author (yourself) should give you free reign before someone else does such.

Have fun. :)

56 minutes ago, AJF said:

You just appointed a guy as a manager who a year ago walked out on you with the Gerrard and some of your fans blame for loosing the league but now has those fans eating out of his hand as he has mentioned we go for 56 🤣

So yeah football fans can be fickle so thanks for pointing out what is very very obvious 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You'd perhaps be better deleting your previous posts regarding Lawell. I won't drag them all up - there are that many - but a simple search of 'Lawell' and then by author (yourself) should give you free reign before someone else does such.

Have fun. :)

Why would i do that? 😂 I do not like Peter Lawell or really want him back as he usually has his own self interest at heart however he isn’t stepping into his previous role as CEO or into an executive position so I don’t have the same level of worry as I would if he was as he won’t or at least shouldn’t have the same influence he did before, but don’t mistake me not being as worried to be me being happy, so fill your boots mate.

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Why would i do that? 

I don't know. I was just alerting you to your previous output regarding the man. 

I mainly posted to get the discussion back on topic as you'd started rabbling on about The Rainjurz, again.

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You just appointed a guy as a manager who a year ago walked out on you with the Gerrard and some of your fans blame for loosing the league but now has those fans eating out of his hand as he has mentioned we go for 56 🤣

So yeah football fans can be fickle so thanks for pointing out what is very very obvious 

Which is why that was discussed on the Rangers threads 😂 I also commented how I wasn’t convinced with the appointment and could see the sound bites for what they are, playing to the gallery.

Im not sure why that would be relevant to your come down on Lawell though, so swing and a miss there.

You’ve said you don’t want him back but originally said he was a good option for the role? Seem a bit conflicting.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Which is why that was discussed on the Rangers threads 😂 I also commented how I wasn’t convinced with the appointment and could see the sound bites for what they are, playing to the gallery.

Im not sure why that would be relevant to your come down on Lawell though, so swing and a miss there.

You’ve said you don’t want him back but originally said he was a good option for the role? Seem a bit conflicting.

Personally I would much rather it wasn’t him, I really don’t like how he operated in his final few seasons at the club however I can’t deny he’s a good option in a non exec role having being at the club for the amount of years he was and knowing how it works. It would also be churlish not to recognise the stable footing Celtic have is a lot to do with him.

If at the time he was stepping away from CEO into a non exec board role I would have been relatively ok with that and I said that at the time, hard for me to change my opinion on that now

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don't know. I was just alerting you to your previous output regarding the man. 

I mainly posted to get the discussion back on topic as you'd started rabbling on about The Rainjurz, again.

Thanks, good to know I have you watching my six it’s like having my own wee gatekeeper. 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Personally I would much rather it wasn’t him, I really don’t like how he operated in his final few seasons at the club however I can’t deny he’s a good option in a non exec role having being at the club for the amount of years he was and knowing how it works. It would also be churlish not to recognise the stable footing Celtic have is a lot to do with him.

If at the time he was stepping away from CEO into a non exec board role I would have been relatively ok with that and I said that at the time, hard for me to change my opinion on that now

In any other club a CEO whose reign ended in total embarrassment on the pitch and fencing around the stadium off it would be quickly moved on from and if possible never mentioned again. That's not to mention his general relationship with the support and horrendous lack of respect for them.

Lucky for us though we needed a chairman and Pete was ready and waiting as the best candidate and able to step right in and save us any need for an irritating actual recruitment process, did he happen to be in the showers at the time we needed someone? 

25 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

In any other club a CEO whose reign ended in total embarrassment on the pitch and fencing around the stadium off it would be quickly moved on from and if possible never mentioned again. That's not to mention his general relationship with the support and horrendous lack of respect for them.

Lucky for us though we needed a chairman and Pete was ready and waiting as the best candidate and able to step right in and save us any need for an irritating actual recruitment process, did he happen to be in the showers at the time we needed someone? 

With his son being appointed head of recruitment has he ever really been “away”? Pretty sure that recommendation wasn’t just plucked from thin air and now with hindsight probably should have told us what is now a little more obvious as he still been our spokesperson on the European Club Association Board his ties were never fully cut

It is lazy? Yes absolutely however the board is the exact same with the exception of Nicholson as CEO as it was when he left and we know Allison, Bankier, Desmond, McKay, Wilson are all Lawell fans so he was always likely to be floated as the “best” option.

Edited by Jinky67

49 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Did Lawell not oversee Celtics most successful period in the last 50 years?

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Have you ever thought of a career in politics?

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

This.