The Celtic All Seasons thread

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

CCV I’m more than comfortable going into the Champions League with, Starfelt doesn’t inspire the same confidence and even more concerning if we lose either to injury.

Apparently we are being linked with a German central defender from Lorient

You’ve seen him a lot more than me so that’s fair enough however Conte is a guy that knows all about the requirements of the Champions League both as player and coach and he obviously didn’t think CCV was of the required standard albeit Spurs will have different expectations from the CL journey that Celtic will.

43 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ve seen him a lot more than me so that’s fair enough however Conte is a guy that knows all about the requirements of the Champions League both as player and coach and he obviously didn’t think CCV was of the required standard albeit Spurs will have different expectations from the CL journey that Celtic will.

It doesn’t always boil down to just ability and some managers just prefer a type of player and CCV may not just be that for Conte he isn’t the biggest centre back at just 6 foot for one thing, If it was just about that Dele Alli would still be a Spurs player.

However we will soon see, we have to be significantly better defensively in Europe than we were last season but the positive is that we are much more settled so i’m looking forward to it 😊

25 years today since we signed the legend that is Henrik Larsson.

Irrespective of your opinion on his stature within the game i think most people agree he was something special and a bone fide world class talent.

But for me he’s by a mile the greatest foreigner to ever do it here.

39 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Irrespective of your opinion on his stature within the game i think most people agree he was something special and a bone fide world class talent.

Imagine if social media had been around when he set up that Chic Charnley winner on his debut...

53 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A shame that Kris Boyd is officially the better player. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I don't think it would be unfair to argue he was the best foreigner the league has seen, but I do think it is pushing it to describe him as such "by a mile" given the talent Laudrup had.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don't think it would be unfair to argue he was the best foreigner the league has seen, but I do think it is pushing it to describe him as such "by a mile" given the talent Laudrup had.

Hence why i said for me, i don’t expect everyone to agree

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

For me, I just think we were fortunate to have players and people of the calibre of both Larsson and Laudrup playing in our game. Both were and still are great ambassadors for our game. You are talking about 2 men who between played in several of the ‘big 5’ leagues, won several team and personal awards in those leagues, played in the latter stages of and won major international tournaments and were known all over the world as near the top of what they do. Both brilliant and I’m not going to pick one as they deserve better.

We will never see their likes again in Scotland that’s for sure.

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Wasn’t sure about the new banners but I cycled past this stadium earlier this morning and I think they’re looking better than the old ones

9401F904-D9D5-4B29-9DA1-3168E36D7BB7.jpeg

You should’ve cycled round the other end, much nicer. 

6A4F3F5F-B3E2-49CC-8E96-82BC076B94B9.jpeg

On 25/07/2022 at 12:46, Grangemouth Bairn said:

For me, I just think we were fortunate to have players and people of the calibre of both Larsson and Laudrup playing in our game. Both were and still are great ambassadors for our game. You are talking about 2 men who between played in several of the ‘big 5’ leagues, won several team and personal awards in those leagues, played in the latter stages of and won major international tournaments and were known all over the world as near the top of what they do. Both brilliant and I’m not going to pick one as they deserve better.

Why were we fortunate to have them here?

I'd have preferred it if neither had played in Scotland.  In what possible way did it benefit anyone in Scotland, other than the clubs they played for?

Ambassadors!  What does that even mean?  Generous with the Ferrero Rocher, were they?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

On 25/07/2022 at 12:46, Grangemouth Bairn said:

D793F02F-3F9E-43C2-B357-31C557BD6359.gif