Jump to content

The Celtic All Seasons thread


Recommended Posts

I'm not overly surprised at this news regarding Souza. Felt if he wanted to come here it would have been done long before now.

Seems like the City group were also pushing for a straight loan with no option to buy aswell, which is something I also wouldn't have been a fan off.

Oh well Ange said he's got multiple people marked for positions he wants to improve so lets see what else we have lined up then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf, as soon as it was apparent he was wanted by teams from stronger leagues, it was highly unlikely he was coming to Scotland. Agree with you and @Mr. Alli that he sounds like he’s got a lot of potential.

Let’s be honest he’s joining a team that aren’t going to make a mark in La Liga, they finished 14th or 15th and as mentioned there is a significant City group influence with this one too.

Every confidence we have a number of targets to go after and sometimes these things work out well just like us missing out on McGree to land O’Reily 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Let’s be honest he’s joining a team that aren’t going to make a mark in La Liga, they finished 14th or 15th and as mentioned there is a significant City group influence with this one too.

Every confidence we have a number of targets to go after and sometimes these things work out well just like us missing out on McGree to land O’Reily 

You are spot on mate but he obviously feels La Liga is a better option just now. He maybe has ambitions of playing for Brazil and he’s unlikely to get that playing in Scotland. 
 

You’d have thought if the City Group were influencing this he’d be heading to Girona and not Espanyol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I cant imagine thats an Ange pick if we have offered him a deal, Im not sure hes good enough

His surname is enough.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Id like to see Lawal given a chance to play this season. Hes ready for the step up and if he can fill the CDM role along with Ideguchi then Mcgregor can start to play his more natural role , it would be a huge plus for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

not sure what happened today, the game was yesterday :)

To be fair it was the defenders back pass thats at fault, all our goals looked well taken, all the goals we conceded looked defensive mistakes. Not too worried about that in pre season

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Boli away on a permanent deal to some club in Belgium. Great news 

Now just Ajeti remains of the dugshite quartet

Boli was absolutely terrible, the typical modern day full back where he was clearly athletic but technically terrible.  Taylor is certainly no world beater but for me was always head and shoulders above Boli.

As for Ajeti I’m guessing he is on some serious cash given we got him from the EPL, he also can’t play up front by himself which leaves next to nobody wanting him. Comes across as rather arrogant too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Boli was absolutely terrible, the typical modern day full back where he was clearly athletic but technically terrible.  Taylor is certainly no world beater but for me was always head and shoulders above Boli.

As for Ajeti I’m guessing he is on some serious cash given we got him from the EPL, he also can’t play up front by himself which leaves next to nobody wanting him. Comes across as rather arrogant too.

I read his story about him and his family fleeing war torn Kosovo to Switzerland and how lucky and grateful he was as 140000 of his people lost their lives. Talked about how difficult it was for his mum and dad.

I thought he sounded very humble ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I read his story about him and his family fleeing war torn Kosovo to Switzerland and how lucky and grateful he was as 140000 of his people lost their lives. Talked about how difficult it was for his mum and dad.

I thought he sounded very humble ?

Hadn’t heard his background  before will have a look. The arrogance I got from him was when he got called up again for Switzerland and an ex-Celt loanee (Vega) said he wasn’t very deserving of it as he had been pretty poor for us. Ajeti claimed he had never heard of Vega, which I found it quite amusing for him to act Billy big baws given he had probably scored the same amount of goals as a big money Striker for Celtic as Vega who was a patch up loanee defender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hadn’t heard his background  before will have a look. The arrogance I got from him was when he got called up again for Switzerland and an ex-Celt loanee (Vega) said he wasn’t very deserving of it as he had been pretty poor for us. Ajeti claimed he had never heard of Vega, which I found it quite amusing for him to act Billy big baws given he had probably scored the same amount of goals as a big money Striker for Celtic as Vega who was a patch up loanee defender.

Ah multi millionaire Ramon Vega who once slaughtered the entire Celtic squad for having no pride or respect for their club - that guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ah multi millionaire Ramon Vega who once slaughtered the entire Celtic squad for having no pride or respect for their club - that guy.

I’m guessing it was the players on the park and not the entire squad he had a dig at, sorry, slaughtered. , but yes, that Ramon vega. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know absolutely nothing about this boy, but one of those that just feels quite exciting. Has a handful of brief appearances for the first team alongside the usual compilations of him looking like a 1986 Maradona at youth level.

Of course the fact that PSG are happy to let him go for such a small price with 3 years left on his contract maybe needs looked at, but that's the market we're in.

Edited by Fratelli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...