Jump to content

The Celtic All Seasons thread


Recommended Posts

I know a few clips of a player pinging crosses and running quite fast doesn’t always translate into being a genuinely very good player but there’s something really exciting about this guy.

Can see Celtic being absolutely miles ahead* of anything else in Scotland this season.

*even more so, obviously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor @G51 you would think he would be more concerned with the fact his team don't seem to have a current policy in place to sign anyone no matter the nationality.

In other news in seems the deal to send the treble winning and league cup winning goalscorer Christopher Julien to Schalke has broken down. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Off the back of our sponsor agreeing to have their logo reduced in size to fit with our away strip and not compromise the design. You guys had Tennents reduced in size and under your badge. Do any of you recall the reasoning. The badge seems to commemorate something?

4C2A242A-2D39-46FD-BE96-BA64797DADDB.jpeg.92e86ce0ff634391cbdcafd46dcec1fd.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Off the back of our sponsor agreeing to have their logo reduced in size to fit with our away strip and not compromise the design. You guys had Tennents reduced in size and under your badge. Do any of you recall the reasoning. The badge seems to commemorate something?

4C2A242A-2D39-46FD-BE96-BA64797DADDB.jpeg.92e86ce0ff634391cbdcafd46dcec1fd.jpeg

2012/13 so that was the 125th anniversary strip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

So Tennent’s agreed to it so for to busy up the strip? 

Yeah as it was paying hommage to one of the kits from the early 1900's, 1905 or something like that. The third kit had the logo in the same position and that one was hommage to the first kit we wore against Rangers in 1888, cracking kit too may in my opinion. the yellow boots ruin the picture and look however

 

New-Celtic-125-Anniversary-Strip-2012.jpg

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah 3 pairs of Puma Kings needed there, nice touch by Nike and Tennent’s to go low key.

We had the same with our 125th kit a few years before, puma badge was stitched in amber.

image.jpeg.eb3b1637bd8e4dbeea4df8cd2ca87b08.jpeg

Edited by Kapowzer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Yeah 3 pairs of Puma Kings needed there, nice touch by Nike and Tennent’s to go low key.

We had the same with our 125th kit a few years before, puma badge was stitched in amber.

image.jpeg.eb3b1637bd8e4dbeea4df8cd2ca87b08.jpeg

Yeah i love these sort of kits, minimalist and classy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

that one was hommage to the first kit we wore against Rangers in 1888, cracking kit too may in my opinion. 

 

Did Celtic have a different strip for every team they played in 1888?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Did Celtic have a different strip for every team they played in 1888?

Our first game was against Rangers so commemorates our first game. I thought that was common knowledge, I guess not

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not a shot at Celtic but these new fangled ways of describing transfer fees are a bit tit aggravating. 

"Jota, £7m for 70%" makes it sound like some dodgy third party deal and there isn't even a guarantee that Celtic will ever sell him so Benfica won't get to see the 30%.

Edited by Mr. Alli
Benfica keeps autocorrecting to Benefice and I'm not even sure that's a word.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...