The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, Luddite said:

It's a response to this statement.  They play in England. 

If you wanted to be pedantic about it you should have stated ".....a different country than the one their stadium is located in."

So you’re saying that they don’t play their home games in Wales?

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So you’re saying that they don’t play their home games in Wales?

Of course not, because that would be obviously false.

But you didn’t mention anything about where their stadium is located. I responded to the following statement:

I’m genuinely interested to learn which other football clubs identify more with a different country than the one their club play in.”

The clubs I listed identify as Welsh but play in England.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that all of that has absolutely zero to do with anything. 

Here is a photo of Welsh club Swansea City celebrating winning the English League Cup in the English national stadium after defeating six English clubs in a run that saw over half those games played in England.

This English cup win would see them play in the UEFA Europa League Englishly representing the English country of England as Englandly as is Englandly possible.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

916D43E0-B251-4883-98B9-A12DFC3DA101.jpeg.72464e4e1e21a07af72dcf58599d4ccd.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Luddite said:

Of course not, because that would be obviously false.

But you didn’t mention anything about where their stadium is located. I responded to the following statement:

I’m genuinely interested to learn which other football clubs identify more with a different country than the one their club play in.”

The clubs I listed identify as Welsh but play in England.

Bloody hell, you’ve gone so far away from the original point that you’re not just in a different country, you’re on a different planet.

8 minutes ago, Luddite said:

Here is a photo of Welsh club Swansea City celebrating winning the English League Cup in the English national stadium after defeating six English clubs in a run that saw over half those games played in England.

This English cup win would see them play in the UEFA Europa League Englishly representing the English country of England as Englandly as is Englandly possible.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

916D43E0-B251-4883-98B9-A12DFC3DA101.jpeg.72464e4e1e21a07af72dcf58599d4ccd.jpeg

Excellent.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Bloody hell, you’ve gone so far away from the original point that you’re not just in a different country, you’re on a different planet.

To be fair, I stand by my response to  the statement you made. I’m not really interested in the Celtic/Rangers/Irish/identity stuff, so whatever your larger point was is irrelevant to me, I responded to the actual statement you made with a, to my mind, appropriate answer.

If you didn’t word it how you wish you had in hindsight that’s on you, not me.

Swansea City identify as Welsh but play in England 😁

Edited by Luddite

19 minutes ago, Luddite said:

To be fair, I stand by my response to  the statement you made. I’m not really interested in the Celtic/Rangers/Irish/identity stuff, so whatever your larger point was is irrelevant to me, I responded to the actual statement you made with a, to my mind, appropriate answer.

If you didn’t word it how you wish you had in hindsight that’s on you, not me.

Swansea City identify as Welsh but play in England 😁

I promise to go away now, but for goodness sake Swansea play in Wales for their home matches season after season after season. I’m off.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I promise to go away now, but for goodness sake Swansea play in Wales for their home matches season after season after season. I’m off.

Aw, if only you had made that specification about home matches in the statement I have responded to 3 times. But you didn’t.

Goodnight, David. Just lie back and think of England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

To the two Aberdeen fans quizzing the Celtic fans in this thread, consider this news story here from Monday night. She sings in Doric and is being insulted for that by the Rangers fans harassing her. They're also coming out with anti-gaelic stuff as presumably to them, it's all the same. That anglo supremacist worldview among some of the Rangers support isn't paralleled by any equivalent tendency in the Celtic support. There's lots to criticise Celtic for but a liberatory Irish identity isn't one of them. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fans-target-scots-singer-26986039?int_source=nba

Edited by FreedomFarter

Looks like despite not looking like selling a couple of players in the Summer for a long time we will be getting more cash from Brentford staying up (Ajer) and Bournemouth promoted (Christie) and in decent chunk of any sell on fee for Hickey and probably amounts to pay for a very decent player. There’s also the Tierney rumours too.

Significant Wages saved and any cash  from hopefully binning Barkas, Julien (sadly), Ajeti, Soro and Boli it’s looking like we can improve the squad a fair bit without any real deficit.  I think Bitton goes for free as it was a year option iirc but guessing we are due some cash for Rogic as I think he still had a year to go.

9 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

To the two Aberdeen fans quizzing the Celtic fans in this thread, consider this news story here from Monday night. She sings in Doric and is being insulted for that by the Rangers fans harassing her. They're also coming out with anti-gaelic stuff as presumably to them, it's all the same. That anglo supremacist worldview among some of the Rangers support isn't paralleled by any equivalent tendency in the Celtic support. There's lots to criticise Celtic for but a liberatory Irish identity isn't one of them. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fans-target-scots-singer-26986039?int_source=nba

Like the handle but not clicking on that link,It reminds me of the trip to Leverkusen this season we took a St Andrews flag with us and some Celtic fans said we have brought the wrong flag.
Technically they were right it should've been the Lion Rampant even thou they were thinking the Tricolor ,I don't mind the diversity in our support in fact I enjoy it.
Why would I want to change the perception in our own support never mind the rest of the country.

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Like the handle but not clicking on that link,It reminds me of the trip to Leverkusen this season we took a St Andrews flag with us and some Celtic fans said we have brought the wrong flag.
Technically they were right it should've been the Lion Rampant even thou they were thinking the Tricolor ,I don't mind the diversity in our support in fact I enjoy it.
Why would I want to change the perception in our own support never mind the rest of the country.

The Lion Rampant is the Royal Standard of the Scottish Crown.

The saltire is the flag of the nation and people. I think you were right to bring the saltire tbh.