The Celtic All Seasons thread

59 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Are some people really ok with newspapers using 4 year old photos to misrepresent a recent event? Interesting.

I don’t need a paper to give me a misrepresentation of events. I know folk who attended . They gave me an honest and transparent version of their day and description of some of the antics they witnessed from bams which these things attract

Much easier people to deal with than the holier than thou Celtic contingent we are blessed with here on pie and bovril who have never stepped a foot or even so much as witnessed anyone stepping a foot wrong supporting Glasgow Celtic 

ETA : my pals went out got pished , probably sang and danced and went up the road . Please note I don’t hold them personally responsible for the behaviour of the bams

Edited by Forever_blueco

18 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I don’t need a paper to give me a misrepresentation of events. I know folk who attended . They gave me an honest and transparent version of their day and description of some of the antics they witnessed from bams which these things attract

Much easier people to deal with than the holier than thou Celtic contingent we are blessed with here on pie and bovril who have never stepped a foot or even so much as witnessed anyone stepping a foot wrong supporting Glasgow Celtic 

ETA : my pals went out got pished , probably sang and danced and went up the road . Please note I don’t hold them personally responsible for the behaviour of the bams

Of course, and the truth is much muddier than they would have you believe.

It appears they were not in the same league (no pun intended) as the cloud of destruction that follows Rangers around settled on Glasgow last May. 

Rangers gonna riot, Celtic gonna holier-than-thou. And the world keeps turning. But if we are ok with rags like that producing misleading articles to point score then that is troubling.

17 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Of course, and the truth is much muddier than they would have you believe.

It appears they were not in the same league (no pun intended) as the cloud of destruction that follows Rangers around settled on Glasgow last May. 

Rangers gonna riot, Celtic gonna holier-than-thou. And the world keeps turning. But if we are ok with rags like that producing misleading articles to point score then that is troubling.

Just to clear up I am not sticking up for the MSM and the tabloids of this country . Find them just as repulsive as anyone else should 

Edited by Forever_blueco

18 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Ive never understood the issue with a football club having an identity that reflects its fan base or history. I can think of quite a few clubs like that throughout europe. Be boring as feck all clubs from countries had to be the same

I’m genuinely interested to learn which other football clubs identify more with a different country than the one their club play in.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m genuinely interested to learn which other football clubs identify more with a different country than the one their club play in.

Feel free to do and do some research into it and let us know what you find. 

Celtic is a Scottish club with Irish heritage

Scotland had a large number of Irish diaspora who for generations have been made to feel unwelcome in this country 

22 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Scotland had a large number of Irish diaspora who for generations have been made to feel unwelcome in this country 

A fact that a lot of folk can’t, or refuse to , accept. 

41 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

What do Celtic as a support do in regards to modern day Ireland and it’s   Modern day politics though ? 

was their banners of support at parkhead in relation to Ireland’s referendums on same sex marriage , abortion etc over the last decade ?

Celtic and the supports link and definition of Irishness from the outside looking in seems like it is stuck in a 1920s timewarp and being totally dependent on a romanticised notion of the Irish struggle for independence at the turn of the last century.  

Edited by Forever_blueco

What do Celtic as a support do in regards to modern day Ireland and it’s   Modern day politics though ? 
was their banners of support at parkhead in relation to Ireland’s referendums on same sex marriage , abortion etc over the last decade ?

Celtic and the supports link and definition of Irishness from the outside looking in seems like it is stuck in a 1920s timewarp and being totally dependent on a romanticised notion of the Irish struggle for independence at the turn of the last century.  
Oooft.

This will go well

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Well for for starters the first one is from 2018 it even says it in the article 😂

As for the 2nd that’s next to the Saracen Head which had bunting up on Saturday but doesn’t in the video and also the Saracen Head replaced it’s shutters so they are no longer white like in this video and haven’t been for about a year.

So what’s embarrassing is people posting old videos claiming it from the weekend when they clearly aren’t 

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What has something that happened in Clydebank got to do with the celebrations at Glasgow cross?
Yes the second image is on the gallowgate but when?

3 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

@bennett @Forever_blueco @8MileBU

The 3 not so wise bears :lol: 

Fucking hell 😆

Where at any point did I mention those photos/articles posted here?? 🤡🤡🤡

41 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Why does it matter how people celebrate their cultural heritage?

Why is Scottish society so hostile towards people who celebrate Irish Heritage…. Why most importantly who do they need to justify the reasons behind it?

Asian Scots for example certainly don’t come under this type of scrutiny when celebrating heritage 

But Irish? It causes meltdowns for a large number of people. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I didnt specify that but i dont see any difference. Clubs having some unique or different identity is interesting I think.

Ajax still strongly identify to this day with their Jewish history and background

Bilboa strongly identify with being Basque

Spurs have a strong Jewish identity and history

St Pauli a left wing anarchist identity

Livorno FC before they went bust another left wing club

Assyriska in Sweden, Syrian immigrants and fans mainly

I dont see an issue with it myself, the more difference the better, makes it more interesting

Edited by BigDoddyKane

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Theres always a sense of romanticised history in every immigrants story and it does always hold on to events longer. Thats an immigrant story the world over. Nova Scotia holds a version of Scottishness thats a time capsule of when they left. 

I could say its a bit rich of a fan of a club still singing about Bobby Sands to raise the question but that would be too easy :)

Edited by BigDoddyKane

25 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It doesn't really tbh. I don't have a problem with people celebrating their heritage at all.

You actively celebrate other people's cultural heritage and b*****dise it though which is a bit odd to me.

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

Just now, BigDoddyKane said:

It seems to bother people though and its Celtics identity and history. 

Of course I'm just saying as someone with Irish heritage it's bizarre to see Scottish people with no Irish heritage getting worked up and upset over other Scottish people questioning why they're so obsessed about Ireland and it's history and trying to frame it as Irish hatred or something more sinister. 

40 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Why is Scottish society so hostile towards people who celebrate Irish Heritage…. Why most importantly who do they need to justify the reasons behind it?

Asian Scots for example certainly don’t come under this type of scrutiny when celebrating heritage 

But Irish? It causes meltdowns for a large number of people. 

At one point was their an anti Irish sentiment in Scotland towards immigrants . Yes . That is historical fact 

in modern day Scotland I don't think there is any widespread hostility to Ireland as a country or its people

There is certainly a bit of hostility towards the Celtic supports versions of Irishness they display. For many people outwith the Celtic support  or who don’t have a clue about football or care about football they will forever intertwine Celtic’s portrayal of their Irish identity to that of militant republicanism , the troubles and support for paramilitary groups and folk are within their right to feel uncomfortable with that 

And before you start I’m not under any illusions that we are the opposite end of the coin in the regards with the loyalist side of things. 

Edited by Forever_blueco