The Celtic All Seasons thread

POLICE are looking into vandalism at Glasgow Cross following the Celtic league win party.

Hundreds of fans gathered in the Merchant City yesterday after their team won the Premiership and lifted the trophy at Celtic Park.

Reports began circulating on social media that the Mercat Cross building had been broken into during the street celebrations.

Paul Sweeney MSP tweeted: "Disappointing to hear reports that Celtic fans gathered at Glasgow Cross have broken into the 1930 Mercat Cross building by Edith Burnet Hughes.

"I hope Greater Glasgow Police secure this historic building and that no damage has occurred beyond forcing its door

Cops have confirmed that they are investigating vandalism to the door of the tolbooth at Glasgow Cross. 

Their enquiries are ongoing. 

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "Officers are investigating vandalism to the door of the Tolbooth at Glasgow Cross and enquiries are ongoing

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

POLICE are looking into vandalism at Glasgow Cross following the Celtic league win party.

Hundreds of fans gathered in the Merchant City yesterday after their team won the Premiership and lifted the trophy at Celtic Park.

Reports began circulating on social media that the Mercat Cross building had been broken into during the street celebrations.

Paul Sweeney MSP tweeted: "Disappointing to hear reports that Celtic fans gathered at Glasgow Cross have broken into the 1930 Mercat Cross building by Edith Burnet Hughes.

"I hope Greater Glasgow Police secure this historic building and that no damage has occurred beyond forcing its door

Cops have confirmed that they are investigating vandalism to the door of the tolbooth at Glasgow Cross. 

Their enquiries are ongoing. 

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "Officers are investigating vandalism to the door of the Tolbooth at Glasgow Cross and enquiries are ongoing

You keep posting this zippy hoping it's true,I only seen guys climbing up the outside of the monument why would they climb up if the door was kick in?

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I cycled right along London Road earlier

Every lamppost with an Irish flag on it

Beautiful

I normally park just off London road i walked past this yesterday morning on way to the stadium 

20FBD3D9-85C0-49BC-B44B-426C2FB5514E.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I cycled right along London Road earlier

Every lamppost with an Irish flag on it

Beautiful

Last season Glasgow club playing in Scotland win the Scottish League and lamposts festooned with Union Flags. This season Glasgow club playing in Scotland win the Scottish League and lamposts festooned with Irish Flags. And still they claim they are not simply separate cheeks of the same sorry arse.

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Why would they climb up the outside of the monument at all ? 

Because football fans do stupid shit sometimes when drunk and egged on by a crowd.

You don’t remember Scotland fans climbing all over monuments and statues in Leicester Sq after the England game or is it just Celtic and Celtic fans that trigger you?

7 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Last season Glasgow club playing in Scotland win the Scottish League and lamposts festooned with Union Flags. This season Glasgow club playing in Scotland win the Scottish League and lamposts festooned with Irish Flags. And still they claim they are not simply separate cheeks of the same sorry arse.

Union flags are different from Ireland flags 

Happy to clear that up for you 

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Union flags are different from Ireland flags 

Happy to clear that up for you 

When flown in the west of Scotland the symbolism of these flags is all that matters. It's all about secterian one-upmanship.  If that's what turns people on then fine.

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

A Scottish club pretending to be Irish?  It’s fucking weird m8, nothing to be proud of.

Surprised it took this long for the plastic paddy patter to come out. 

People who get upset about fans celebrating Irish heritage are the real weirdos

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

When flown in the west of Scotland the symbolism of these flags is all that matters. It's all about secterian one-upmanship.  If that's what turns people on then fine.

More tedium from Kennie 🥱