The Celtic All Seasons thread

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah seems a really odd one considering his injury issues, i can only assume this one has been done on sentiment

He still had a year to go as well I’m sure too. It’s possibly even more baffling than the McCarthy deal as I doubt any one of note is sniffing about Forrest right now.

40 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He still had a year to go as well I’m sure too. It’s possibly even more baffling than the McCarthy deal as I doubt any one of note is sniffing about Forrest right now.

Probably lowered his weekly wage for the security of a long term deal.

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Probably lowered his weekly wage for the security of a long term deal.

He’s not like Johnny Hayes though where he can play further back as his legs go.  He’s the sort of player that once his legs have gone he will be done at this level. Add in the intensity that Ange plays to it just doesn’t make any sense giving out a 3 year deal.

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He’s not like Johnny Hayes though where he can play further back as his legs go.  He’s the sort of player that once his legs have gone he will be done at this level. Add in the intensity that Ange plays to it just doesn’t make any sense giving out a 3 year deal.

Aye, seems a head scratcher giving out that length of contract for someone that has probably played less than half the available fixtures in the last couple of seasons. A year extension with an option of another or something like that would've made more sense.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Massive shame for him if his legs have started to go. With a run of games and some confidence he's a smashing player. He's also great at defending from the front (his defensive attributes have been continuously underrated) so should be good for Angeball.

I wonder if the doctors/physios are confident of him having a full recovery and getting back to his best, or it could simply be as a squad player in the anticipation of a longer European campaign.

30 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Cheaper than a new signing and probably isn't going to complain about being a squad player though.

28 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You need to be realistic here. Celtic are 29 points and 52 GD better off than the 3rd place team. It’s unlikely moving forward with the poor quality of other teams that Celtic or indeed Rangers will lose many game outside of games versus each other and in Europe. Ange will know that guys like Forrest, Ralston, Taylor, Welsh and Turnbull won’t be in his starting 11 in Europe however they are adequate to rotate in and still win the majority of league games. 

I’m not a massive Forrest fan but I do see the managers logic here.

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You need to be realistic here. Celtic are 29 points and 52 GD better off than the 3rd place team. It’s unlikely moving forward with the poor quality of other teams that Celtic or indeed Rangers will lose many game outside of games versus each other and in Europe. Ange will know that guys like Forrest, Ralston, Taylor, Welsh and Turnbull won’t be in his starting 11 in Europe however they are adequate to rotate in and still win the majority of league games. 

I’m not a massive Forrest fan but I do see the managers logic here.

Refreshing to see a Celtic fan acknowledge how much of a sterile two horse race the Scottish top flight is. Thus, while pleasing if your team finishes top of the pile, it is really no miraculous acheivement brought about by managerial superpowers. Now, roll over Grangemouth Brian and tell Tom English the news !

4 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Refreshing to see a Celtic fan acknowledge how much of a sterile two horse race the Scottish top flight is. Thus, while pleasing if your team finishes top of the pile, it is really no miraculous acheivement brought about by managerial superpowers. Now, roll over Grangemouth Brian and tell Tom English the news !

He’s a Falkirk fan 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I hate being right 

Gutted to see them both go actually but more so Rogic, still only 29 and has been outstanding this season.

I wish them both well for the future and at least they go out with the team back on top 🍀

Edited by Jinky67

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Gutted to see them both go actually but more so Rogic, still only 29 and has been outstanding this season.

I wish them both well for the future and at least they go out with the team back on top 🍀

Rogic said he wants to move closer to Oz, he lives in Glasgow, so surely a move to the Hamilton/Motherwell area would have done. 

43 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Grangemouth Brian? I like it :lol: