The Celtic All Seasons thread

35 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

- moaning that the 1st goal shouldn't have stood due to player safety

- also moaning that nobody "tested" McGregors face mask.

Kris Boyd ladies and gentleman.

Nobody respects ‘Boydy’ less than me, but you’re not seriously upset about this? 

Not convinced anything could be done about the head knock considering how quickly the ball was in the back of the neck thereafter and as soon as it’s in he can’t then chop it off.

His comments about McGregor are just cunty tbf. Do you start testing someone’s knees when coming back from an ACL? 

Also ironic that he’s wanting to play stopped for a head knock but is then disappointed that McGregors, who suffered a severe head knock and a broken cheekbone,  protection isn’t tested.

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not convinced anything could be done about the head knock considering how quickly the ball was in the back of the neck thereafter and as soon as it’s in he can’t then chop it off.

His comments about McGregor are just cunty tbf. Do you start testing someone’s knees when coming back from an ACL? 

Also ironic that he’s wanting to play stopped for a head knock but is then disappointed that McGregors, who suffered a severe head knock and a broken cheekbone,  protection isn’t tested.

Do celtic email out template statements to their fans....

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Kris Boyd this season so far 

Abuse Leigh Griffiths because he waved an Ireland flag at Ibrox 

“Test” McGregor’s broken cheek bone 

It just shows how much he’s spewing. Lovely.

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Surely it's not for this...

"As a Rangers supporter, I must admit it was a hard watch, but one thing I did enjoy about was hearing McGregor refer to the derby as the Old Firm.
I thought that term had been banned by everyone at Celtic Park. I just hope Cal didn’t end up with rapped knuckles to go with his fractured cheekbone

Maybe if he was in a boxing ring zippy,is that hard watch water proof?

1 hour ago, stressball said:

So have you read the comment he made about testing the face mask and are being ignorant or have you somehow genuinely managed to miss what the fuss is all about?

What happens if McGregor and an opponent jump for a high ball and there is a clash of heads?

If celtic are willing to play an injured player then it's their fault if anything happens. 

Nobody respects ‘Boydy’ less than me, but you’re not seriously upset about this? 
Exactly my thinking.

He's an arse who I'd have no issue being off the punditry and quite clearly an idiot for saying it out loud, but there's no doubt at all this conversation happens in dressing rooms up and down the country, in every country, every week, at every level.

Aye, let's not pretend Boyd has said anything different than what fans say, and he is obviously a Rangers fan.

You hear shouts at the football every week of a similar ilk, and a lot worse. I vividly recall the same Celtic support revelling in a Robson elbow on Christian Dailly in the opening minutes of a match. We then got pundits and players alike saying that set the tone, it let Rangers know they were in for a battle etc. etc. Now, they're upset?

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, let's not pretend Boyd has said anything different than what fans say, and he is obviously a Rangers fan.

You hear shouts at the football every week of a similar ilk, and a lot worse. I vividly recall the same Celtic support revelling in a Robson elbow on Christian Dailly in the opening minutes of a match. We then got pundits and players alike saying that set the tone, it let Rangers know they were in for a battle etc. etc. Now, they're upset?

Nice bit of witabootary M8 I'm sure SKY want rangers tv on their channel.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Boyd is a WUM just like Sutton. Only difference is Boyd is too stupid to get it right.
 Failure against Celtic again - just like his Rangers playing career. 

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

So in your best effort to deflect you decide to pull out the whataboutery card. Not just any whataboutery card but one from 14 years ago where the game even then was allowed to be more physical than it is and we are now much more aware of TBI etc.

2nd time today 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

1 hour ago, bennett said:

What happens if McGregor and an opponent jump for a high ball and there is a clash of heads?

If celtic are willing to play an injured player then it's their fault if anything happens. 

So an accidental collision? Yeah shit happens and that is the risk you take.

That isn’t what Boyd was suggesting they do though and you know that even more stupid considering it’s someone’s head and face. 

Does it merit banning or sacking obviously not but an apology for being so fucking stupid would be appropriate 

Looks like Celtic battered the common sense out of you lot 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So in your best effort to deflect you decide to pull out the whataboutery card. Not just any whataboutery card but one from 14 years ago where the game even then was allowed to be more physical than it is and we are now much more aware of TBI etc.

2nd time today 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

It perfectly highlights that Celtic fans are getting their knickers in a twist over something that, in all honesty, they really shouldn't be. The calls of whataboutery I can take when it typifies how laughable it is that he has got under the skin of so many for something I'm sure they'd have no qualms about in other circumstances. As others have said, it's a nothing comment that isn't uncommon in football.

It should've been the perfect opportunity to point and laugh even further after the result.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So an accidental collision? Yeah shit happens and that is the risk you take.

That isn’t what Boyd was suggesting they do though and you know that even more stupid considering it’s someone’s head and face. 

Looks like Celtic battered the common sense out of you lot 

Boyd also never suggested they do anything, he said he was surprised it never happened. He is obviously talking from his knowledge of knowing what gets said in dressing rooms.